Buccos Suck!

It could be....It might be.....It is!!! A Home Run!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Buccos Suck!

Postby Manfred » June 21st, 2017, 9:20 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'm just covering my bases so I can call you out when it happens. They are 4 out to a bad Milwaukee team. I don't know why you are acting like they are 15 games out. 

And you're beginning to sound like you're taking my comments personally.  This is an open forum, isn't it?

The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » June 21st, 2017, 9:30 pm

I think once you start asking if it's an open forum, you are taking things too personally. 

I'm just having fun. I just think there's too many people that would rather be "right" than "happy" and I like to poke fun at that crowd. 

I.e.  Many would like to say "I told you so about the Pirates" rather than be surprised if they win. 

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » June 21st, 2017, 10:07 pm

Lets both chill. Like they will eventually.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby dadw/2sons » June 22nd, 2017, 12:06 am

Oh so close to 3 games out. This is one that really hurts. Hopefully Super Nova can get us back to 4 games and then take at least 2 of 3 from St. Louis to go 6-4 in this important stretch.

lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby lgb87cape » June 22nd, 2017, 7:47 am

Why all of sudden is Hurdle going to lefty , righty match ups . He never did it with Grilli or Melancon. Should've left Watson in to face the righty that hit the HR..

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » June 22nd, 2017, 8:06 am

I would have used Rivero when it was 2nd and 3rd no outs with Thames coming up, but I'll give Watson credit there. He got two outs, and at that point they should have let him try to get the third.

What was with the umpire in the top of the 8th?  He called Bell and Polanco out on strikes on balls well out of the zone.  Surprised Hurdle didn't get tossed.  Should have been bases loaded 1 outs with Frazier coming up. 

lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby lgb87cape » June 22nd, 2017, 8:09 am

Could have been worse CB Bucknor could have been behind the plate. Eric Gregg was the worst RIP....

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » June 22nd, 2017, 8:11 am

I had to rewrite my review because you beat me to it. Freaking Cowboy Joe West. He's 64, retire early. I understand the discrepancy up and down with no definitive lines, but inside and outside????? if it's not touching the plate.....or if it's a foot away, it's not a strike. Not even close. The catcher was even setting up way out there. It's a bunch of bs. Took the Pirates out of the game I thought. They were in disbelief. They did have a chance in the 9th, but not like the 8th.

Rediculous, nothing makes me madder than when the Pirates suck because of someone else. It's hard enough when they suck on their own...and that's what grinds my gears
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » June 22nd, 2017, 8:35 am

Agreed. Frazier should have been coming up next, and he was having a nice game too. Would have liked their chances with him and Harrison with the bases juiced.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » June 22nd, 2017, 10:32 am

I rarely complain about officiating at any level. Especially, in amateur sports in which the officials are making $50 a game while paying for their own gas, equipment, and licensing requirement. 
When you have the most competitive baseball in the world (MLB) being umpired with performances like last night, it just makes a mockery of the game. Missing a few calls throughout the game is understandable. Calling 10+ pitches that are multiple inches out of the zone stikes in a 6 out span is totally unacceptable. The officiating unions have the professional sports leagues by the balls. 
A second year PIAA umpire could have called a better 8th and 9th than Joe West last night. I wish they could designate some of these umpires for assignment like the players can be. Honestly, evaluate these umpires weekly and too many missed calls and send them to AAA to find the correct strike zone again. 

Return to “Baseball”