Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You play to win the game!!!

• Advertisement
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Basketball Tournament 3/14

Postby CCDevil2012 » March 15th, 2018, 6:51 am

dadw/2sons wrote:BREAKING NEWS out of UPJ: the scoreboard malfunctioned and it couldn't keep score of 3 three teams that was playing. The scoreboard should have read Berlin (home grown) Mountaineers 27,  AAU All-Star team (CR, NBC, and Altoona?) 26, and Juniata Valley (homegrown) Hornets 25. I don't think the PIAA will do anything about it, but it is sad that this is allowed.

Whether this is the case or not, how do you expect the PIAA to enforce this? How do you want them to prove intent of a move? Should they start doing investigations of every family that moves and the kids' play sports? This is why you can't ever fix the public vs private school debate, there will still be people who accuse public schools of recruiting. 

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » March 15th, 2018, 7:52 am

CCDevil2012 wrote:
dadw/2sons wrote:BREAKING NEWS out of UPJ: the scoreboard malfunctioned and it couldn't keep score of 3 three teams that was playing. The scoreboard should have read Berlin (home grown) Mountaineers 27,  AAU All-Star team (CR, NBC, and Altoona?) 26, and Juniata Valley (homegrown) Hornets 25. I don't think the PIAA will do anything about it, but it is sad that this is allowed.

Whether this is the case or not, how do you expect the PIAA to enforce this? How do you want them to prove intent of a move? Should they start doing investigations of every family that moves and the kids' play sports? This is why you can't ever fix the public vs private school debate, there will still be people who accuse public schools of recruiting. 

Either way, if Booth had been able to play, I liked our lineup against theirs. We'll see them again next year. Until then..
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby upnorth » March 15th, 2018, 8:01 pm

12HankQB wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:

Either way, if Booth had been able to play, I liked our lineup against theirs. We'll see them again next year. Until then..

Actually, you won't see them again next year.  They are classified as AA in the next two-year cycle that begins in the fall of this year.  
Single-A D6 girls basketball will be quite thin for the next two years with Portage choosing to play up to 5-A.

guru1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby guru1 » March 15th, 2018, 10:39 pm

12HankQB wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:

No offense but unless the Booth girl is Lebron James I don't think she was making a 24 point difference...  

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » March 16th, 2018, 8:25 am

guru1 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:Whether this is the case or not, how do you expect the PIAA to enforce this? How do you want them to prove intent of a move? Should they start doing investigations of every family that moves and the kids' play sports? This is why you can't ever fix the public vs private school debate, there will still be people who accuse public schools of recruiting. 

No offense but unless the Booth girl is Lebron James I don't think she was making a 24 point difference...  

To have our best player at 6' take 10 points off the board and put 10 points on the other side is not outside of her norm at all. She had 26 against Quigley on Saturday. Doesn't matter now though. Should be fun next year for us.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

JVfan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby JVfan » March 16th, 2018, 2:00 pm

12HankQB wrote:
guru1 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:Either way, if Booth had been able to play, I liked our lineup against theirs. We'll see them again next year. Until then..

To have our best player at 6' take 10 points off the board and put 10 points on the other side is not outside of her norm at all. She had 26 against Quigley on Saturday. Doesn't matter now though. Should be fun next year for us.

Absolutely. I think that game would've been very close had Booth played. In A ball especially, it makes all the difference when your top scorer/rebounder is out.

A key point in that game at the end of the first half--Mattis picked up her second foul. JV coach left her in and she picked up her third 10 seconds later. Berlin has an excellent coach--she would have exploited that in the second half.

Return to “Basketball”