Hardwood chatter
hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PIAA Basketball Tournament 3/16

Postby hornets69 » March 17th, 2018, 10:11 am

Manfred wrote:
konjo78 wrote:13 points in 4 quarters

Thats all FH could muster against BC, at home, a month ago.  Did Blairsville leave their starters in until the end like Gongloff did?

at this stage of the season, a coach would be a fool to give anyone but starters and first couple people off the bench more than 3 or 4 minutes of garbage time. 

• Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » March 17th, 2018, 10:17 am

From today’s Tribune Democrat on Kennedy “Catholic”s 77-53 won over Shanksville-Stonycreek

“Despite the 17 point advantage, Rick Mancino (head coach of the Kennedy Catholic Athletic Club), was none too happy with his Golden Eagles.  “We just couldn’t get ourselves going tonight”, Mancino said.  Mancino benched most of his starting five coming out in the second half.  “I was doing that for the fans”, Mancino said.  “Because I thought the fans were sick of watching that garbage that we played in the first half.  I told our team that.”

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » March 17th, 2018, 10:56 am

hornets69 wrote:
Manfred wrote:
konjo78 wrote:13 points in 4 quarters

Thats all FH could muster against BC, at home, a month ago.  Did Blairsville leave their starters in until the end like Gongloff did?

at this stage of the season, a coach would be a fool to give anyone but starters and first couple people off the bench more than 3 or 4 minutes of garbage time. 

In the game I mentioned, they were up 24 points, and "first couple people off the bench " didn't happen.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

Baller21
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Baller21 » March 17th, 2018, 11:31 am

Blairsville only plays 5 players ever and I think I my bad 7 or 8 on the team. And if Blairsville did stall they still outscores Reynolds 8-0 in fourth qtr.

As for Kennedy it is a joke that they have been A for so long. They are a prep school with overseas recruiting flat out. What KC and Nuemann-Goretti do is a disgrace to high school sports and is completely different level of advantage compared to our local private schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hornets69
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby hornets69 » March 17th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Manfred wrote:
hornets69 wrote:
Manfred wrote:Thats all FH could muster against BC, at home, a month ago.  Did Blairsville leave their starters in until the end like Gongloff did?

In the game I mentioned, they were up 24 points, and "first couple people off the bench " didn't happen.

Did Reynolds wave the white flag at any point and pull all 5 of their starters?  If they didn't sub theirs out I wouldn't pull my starters either. 

I have personally witnessed teams come back from down 20 in a state playoff game and win when a coach let off the gas early in the 3rd.

At least one D6 public is going to the state final!

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » March 17th, 2018, 12:17 pm

As KCAC coach Rick Mancino told the Post Gazette.  “All our students pay tuition.  Or someone pays it for them.”

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » March 17th, 2018, 5:57 pm

hornets69 wrote:
Manfred wrote:
hornets69 wrote:at this stage of the season, a coach would be a fool to give anyone but starters and first couple people off the bench more than 3 or 4 minutes of garbage time. 

Did Reynolds wave the white flag at any point and pull all 5 of their starters?  If they didn't sub theirs out I wouldn't pull my starters either. 

I have personally witnessed teams come back from down 20 in a state playoff game and win when a coach let off the gas early in the 3rd.

If you insist on denying some teams' integrity, I'm game.  For the record, I wasn't @ the 'Reynolds' game, I was talking about an earlier FH- BC game and asked if Blairsville's coaches' actions were similar.  In the aforementioned game,  Carol Cecere had already either pulled or lost a couple starters.  ***Editted since the BC gals won.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » March 17th, 2018, 7:14 pm

UConn beat St Francis 140-52 today.  I have no idea how long UConn’s starters played

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » March 17th, 2018, 10:58 pm

hornets69 wrote:
Manfred wrote:
hornets69 wrote:at this stage of the season, a coach would be a fool to give anyone but starters and first couple people off the bench more than 3 or 4 minutes of garbage time. 

Agreed, BC boys were up close to 20 when they played Imani Christian first round with 2 min left and before ya knew it they were only up 8-10 with JV in and 1:30 to go, so starters came back in. It's Varsity basketball, at some point you have to just make sure you win and not worry about what anybody else thinks

dino1270
Freshman
Freshman

Postby dino1270 » March 18th, 2018, 10:23 am

hornets69 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:There we have if. 75% of the final for for AA girls are D6 teams. Also 0 of those d6 teams are private schools!

it all comes down to match up, execution and tactics.  the number 1 seed got a bad matchup for them, but #2,3,&4 are still in it!

#1 seed Bishop McCort didnt get a bad matchup, they played Chartiers Houston the 7-2 seed. BM had 1 starter foul out in the 3rd, 1 at the beginning of the 4th and their point guard go out with an injury the last min. Bellwood, the 6-3 seed played Chartiers Houston the next game and won 63-48. D6 is just a strong conference for the girls. Any of the top teams could beat each other on any given night. 

Return to “Basketball”