State Championship thread

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: State Championship thread

Postby Crimson's Ghost » March 28th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Now it's a final, Hank turned it off and missed Tyler Zimmerman's personal 8-0 run to cut it to a 10 point game.

Neumann-Goretti 57
Richland 42

Neumann-Goretti is a very good team. Hard to believe their leading scorer is only going to Division 2. He was very good. Whether they recruit in Philadelphia or not, they probably don't need to there's just quality basketball players all over the city. Just better brand of basketball at that end of the state, but Richland held their own and competed. Not bad for a team from Johnstown.

Tyler Zimmerman, what a career.

• Advertisement
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » March 28th, 2018, 3:43 pm

My website said Final! That usually means the end.....internet estúpido!
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » March 28th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Yep, a little bit of excitement, Richland got a few steals and Zimmerman buried 2 corner 3's.

Colonel Mustard
Senior
Senior

Postby Colonel Mustard » March 28th, 2018, 7:07 pm

There were about 5 NG fans in the whole place. Why does the PIAA let the privates play by their own rules again? They are certainly not benefiting at the gate.

Jjones
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jjones » March 28th, 2018, 8:37 pm

lots and lots of private and charter schools making championship appearances this year... must be great coaching    :-?  

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » March 28th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Speaking of Zimmerman, anyone know of him playing next year? 

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » March 29th, 2018, 9:08 am

What I've been told (and I could be wrong) is he has his own successful lawn maintenance/ light landscaping business, and is probably already making more money than you or I. so why would he want to go to any school, unless it's a full ride and he has a trusted Lieutenant or partner to continue to manage things while he attains any degree. I could see him being successful across the street @ UPJ or similar. If he desired to school, it would make sense to stay close to home to his business ties.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » March 29th, 2018, 9:37 am

He may be making good money for a high school kid but lawn maintenance is only a seven month job.  I know his grandfather did a lot of that but he also had a fulltime job.

Realistically there will unlikely be a full ride anywhere.  Basketball is a tough sport to move to the next level unless you want to pay your own way to a D3 school.  Had he lived in Georgia he may be a good recruit to Penn Highlands.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » March 29th, 2018, 9:42 am

I think he’s going to UPJ if I recall from Richland’s senior night.   He may walk-on and eventually earn a scholarship.   I believe Ian Vescovi did that. I don’t think he had a scholarship right off the bat, earned one and turned into UPJ’s best player this past season.

D2 basketball has a lot of great athletes, with him being a 6-2 Guard and the way he can run and jump, he wouldn’t be out of place at that level. 

Return to “Basketball”