Why can't D6 boys basketball teams win state titles?

Hardwood chatter
Bobby92
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Why can't D6 boys basketball teams win state titles?

Postby Bobby92 » November 21st, 2017, 8:30 am

The east side of the state has better athletes along with better coaching and aau teams. District 6 just doesn’t have the ingredients to take on a top tier philly team.

• Advertisement
Tapp
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Tapp » November 25th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Also, the east has about 8 million people and the west has 4 million. I do think chances are a lot better now that there are more classifications. 

Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Aiks19 » November 25th, 2017, 8:03 pm

A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .

HSD6FAN
Junior
Junior

Postby HSD6FAN » November 26th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Aiks19 wrote:A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .

Charter schools dominate basketball. Seems to be a ton more in the Philly area.

You only need 5 to field a basketball team. Get 5 studs to go to your charter school (within the city travel isn’t an issue) and you have a state championship team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HSD6FAN
Junior
Junior

Postby HSD6FAN » November 26th, 2017, 5:01 pm

Aiks19 wrote:A lot of charters seem to be in east as well. I really hate to ask this and open something up. But I have been wondering why there is no public outcry for Charters? They may have a bigger advantage than anyone. Especially in basketball .

Also, ask some of the Forbes Roads kids about playing Lincoln Park Charter School a few years ago out of Pittsburgh. They were “attending” due to the school’s performance arts program. Haha

Nothing like Forbes trying to compete with a starting lineup of 6’ 4” and bigger in the state tournament. They were working on their performance arts, just only in basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Basketball”