Basketball 1-8 thru 1-13

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Basketball 1-8 thru 1-13

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 11th, 2018, 12:15 pm

Exciting LHAC Games tomorrow.

On the Girls side, Bishop Carroll at Forest Hills is a pretty big one.  BC is a firm state title contender in class A, and Forest Hills has the type of team that can make some noise in AAAA.  BG, Penn Cambria, and Central Cambria, and Cambria Heights all have nice teams, but the winner of this section should come down to the Rangers and Huskies. 

On the Boys side 9-1 Richland goes to 9-0 Bishop McCort.  Richland hasn't played since last Wednesday, and McCort has played 3 games already this week, so that's something to consider.   Richland appears to be the best team around, and should be able to make a nice run in class AAA.  McCort is a bit of a surprise this season, but they way they are playing they should have a chance, especially at home. These two, along with Johnstown should be the main competitors for Section II boys.

• Advertisement
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 11th, 2018, 9:22 pm

Boys
BG 78
CC 51

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 11th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Boys
FH 64
BC 57

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

lgb87cape
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby lgb87cape » January 11th, 2018, 11:31 pm

PC 66 CH 57 PC down 40-25 mid way through third quarter. Went on an 18-4 run to pull within 1 44-43 at the end of 3. 41-16 the last 11-12 minutes. Oh and could wjac please cover other basketball games besides just going to Richland, Jtown, BM and Westmont.  I've seen a few 5 or so nights of highlights and that's all I've seen.  Crap coverage and it's only for like 10 seconds anyway. Clowns!!

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » January 12th, 2018, 8:10 am

Maybe if there was some better teams in the area they would cover them. There not going to go to a gym where both teams are sub par. They do the same thing in football. Plus their basketball coverage was never that good to begin with.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » January 12th, 2018, 8:29 am

You want scores or highlights, tune in WTAJ in Altoona. Like their counter-part the Mirror, a superior product except for the lack of coverage on the west side of the plateau. I'd be happy if WJAC would scroll scores across the bottom of the screen while they are blathering about James Franklin and anything that has to do with PSU. Want your 2 main topics covered for 3 minutes, like PSU and the Steelers? Tune in to Ch. 6, because thats about all you're going to get.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

CharlieConway
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CharlieConway » January 12th, 2018, 10:51 am

District 5

Did anyone attend Berlin at Shade boys?  Score looks lopsided (92-78), wondering if it was closer?  It appears that Shade is the real deal. I noticed they are ranked pretty high and continue to rattle off wins.  From what I see in the papers, this team can light up the scoreboard.

I am intrigued by S. Huntingdon @ Everett boys tonight.  Not a big market event but Everett is coming off a big win at S. Fulton, it appears they are making their charge?  I heard they weren't healthy to start the year, but now have all their pieces.  Everett could be the shocker team in the D5/ICC/SHL.  Any thoughts?
Thanks!

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » January 12th, 2018, 11:08 am

CharlieConway wrote:District 5

Did anyone attend Berlin at Shade boys?  Score looks lopsided (92-78), wondering if it was closer?  It appears that Shade is the real deal. I noticed they are ranked pretty high and continue to rattle off wins.  From what I see in the papers, this team can light up the scoreboard.

I am intrigued by S. Huntingdon @ Everett boys tonight.  Not a big market event but Everett is coming off a big win at S. Fulton, it appears they are making their charge?  I heard they weren't healthy to start the year, but now have all their pieces.  Everett could be the shocker team in the D5/ICC/SHL.  Any thoughts?

I was not at the Berlin/Shade game, but this was Gooden's first game back from injury. Saw he only scored 9, not sure how much that played into it. Game was also at Shade. Tough place to win. I do want to make round 2. Berlin has a tough game with Turkeyfoot tonight. Should give a good read on how good the Rams are. Shade is the real deal though. Only loss was a close game with Johnstown. They have decent height, can shoot. Fyfe is very good. Hoping this team can make some noise into playoffs.

They also have only one senior (Hartman) so expect this team to be even better next year. Scary thought.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 12th, 2018, 11:11 am

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Maybe if there was some better teams in the area they would cover them. There not going to go to a gym where both teams are sub par. They do the same thing in football. Plus their basketball coverage was never that good to begin with.

I would agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that all of Section 1 is better than Westmont and at least half of the teams will be playoff contenders 

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » January 12th, 2018, 11:46 am

CCDevil2012 wrote:
GoldenRamsFAN wrote:Maybe if there was some better teams in the area they would cover them. There not going to go to a gym where both teams are sub par. They do the same thing in football. Plus their basketball coverage was never that good to begin with.

I would agree with this if it wasn't for the fact that all of Section 1 is better than Westmont and at least half of the teams will be playoff contenders 

The teams he mentioned are all really good besides the Westmont team. The other side has FH, BC, and CC not including BG since they are Altoona. I guess what I should have said that if he wants his team PC on the news they need to have a good team. Average ppl watching the news don’t wanna see crap teams play each other.

Return to “Basketball”