1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Hardwood chatter
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 30th, 2018, 9:33 pm

Penns Valley girls at Central tomorrow night for first place in the Mountain League.
Last edited by DragonsDoExist on January 30th, 2018, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You play to win the game!!!

• Advertisement
TarheelFan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: 1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Postby TarheelFan » January 30th, 2018, 9:37 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:
TarheelFan wrote:Boys basketball: Central 41 Penns Valley 31
Very low scoring first half 14-13

That's typical for PV games. They are in no hurry that's for sure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Central missed a lot of shots in the first half

lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby lgb87cape » January 30th, 2018, 9:49 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:What’s the reason? 

Parent teacher conference night at the H.S.tonight..

Who changes games for parent teacher conferences? Aren’t conferences scheduled from the beginning of the year? That’s odd to me & never heard of that. Anyways, that should be a good game. PC really needs to win a few of these games & needs to make a run now as Time is running out. 

Maybe an oversight?  PC 70-FH 62. 55-54 PC after 3 . FH held scoreless for the first 5:08 of the 4th quarter. 

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby upnorth » January 30th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Boys
Saint Joseph's 59
Grace Prep 42

Girls
Saint Joseph's 66
Grace Prep 8

Justafanwholovessports
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Justafanwholovessports » January 31st, 2018, 1:16 am

DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellwood's Alli Campbell hit the 1k point mark last night. Pretty impressive for a sophomore!

Unfortunately I'm not sold on all the hype for the Campbell girl yet. I've watched some of their games and have reviewed the maxprep stats. A few games back she was shooting 2 1/2 times more than anyone else on the team. Bellwood has a capable scorer at all positions. I know that social media has changed the way things are communicated but it could too much self promotion this early in her career. I see a coach full court pressing on inferior teams, keeping her in games to get 8-10 garbage points a game. When I looked at the stats, I don't see a great three point percentage and if you take 8-10 she gets off of easy steals, not necessarily a great 2 percentage. I understand bellwood is limited in its schedule and I'm sure she has caught the eye of some of these aau summer tournaments but to me even some of them are watered-down.  That's like the juniata valley girls that she has played with, how many games over the past 5-6 do you think those girls have played together? Then you go play these travel teams that were put together at the end of the season and playing a team that has played 200-300 games together. I guess I'm trying to get other people thoughts on some of this. I have seen the Bellwood coach switch her off other teams best players because she isn't quick enough to guard them without getting into foul trouble. I just don't see the explosiveness or quickness of some other local players from the altoona, bg, or hollidaysburg teams that played at pitt, saint francis, and some of the local division one teams. There are some very good basketball players in the area, but also there are a lot of one trick ponies out there who only perform against inferior or over matched opponents. I say that not necessarily against the Campbell girl but as general statement of all the hype with the data that is now collected. Guess I'm just old school where you contest every shot, dive on the floor for every loose ball, stood in and took the charge, and made that one extra pass to get all your teammates engaged. Where you put TEAM goals above personal goals.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 31st, 2018, 3:05 am

I'd like to think Olympic and defending NCAA champ South Carolina coach Dawn Staley knows what she's doing when offering a kid from Central PA.

You play to win the game!!!

Safetyblitz
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Safetyblitz » January 31st, 2018, 7:13 am

Justafanwholovessports wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellwood's Alli Campbell hit the 1k point mark last night. Pretty impressive for a sophomore!

Unfortunately I'm not sold on all the hype for the Campbell girl yet. I've watched some of their games and have reviewed the maxprep stats. A few games back she was shooting 2 1/2 times more than anyone else on the team. Bellwood has a capable scorer at all positions. I know that social media has changed the way things are communicated but it could too much self promotion this early in her career. I see a coach full court pressing on inferior teams, keeping her in games to get 8-10 garbage points a game. When I looked at the stats, I don't see a great three point percentage and if you take 8-10 she gets off of easy steals, not necessarily a great 2 percentage. I understand bellwood is limited in its schedule and I'm sure she has caught the eye of some of these aau summer tournaments but to me even some of them are watered-down.  That's like the juniata valley girls that she has played with, how many games over the past 5-6 do you think those girls have played together? Then you go play these travel teams that were put together at the end of the season and playing a team that has played 200-300 games together. I guess I'm trying to get other people thoughts on some of this. I have seen the Bellwood coach switch her off other teams best players because she isn't quick enough to guard them without getting into foul trouble. I just don't see the explosiveness or quickness of some other local players from the altoona, bg, or hollidaysburg teams that played at pitt, saint francis, and some of the local division one teams. There are some very good basketball players in the area, but also there are a lot of one trick ponies out there who only perform against inferior or over matched opponents. I say that not necessarily against the Campbell girl but as general statement of all the hype with the data that is now collected. Guess I'm just old school where you contest every shot, dive on the floor for every loose ball, stood in and took the charge, and made that one extra pass to get all your teammates engaged. Where you put TEAM goals above personal goals.

WOW !! Sounds like someone has an axe to grind !!?

Hoopfan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Hoopfan » January 31st, 2018, 7:41 am

Justafan,
You have no idea what you are looking at or talking about.

Justafanwholovessports
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Justafanwholovessports » January 31st, 2018, 7:54 am

I'm only trying to put it in context, two years is a long time to go in development and perspective. I'm actually concerned that the hype is setting the girl up for failure. When your that talented do you play with a joy and excitement. Does it become a grind and a job. I find the whole college recruiting thing to be ruthless and probably at times unsavory.  I'm looking mostly at the number's and and what is posted on maxprep. I attend games all over the region, maybe I'm just too old when looking back to lisa fubio, Kristy little, Jill Calabrese,  the Reimer girls, ali wiiliams, and krista gingrich. Yes as a sophomore it is a great accomplishment, I think benzel also did that in her sophomore year. She had probably one of the quickest releases I've seen from a girl and where is she playing. I only say that as a point of reference, I certainly don't know any of the behind the scene things like grades, expectations or personal matters. I know she is 6 foot and has upside, yet I also look at explosiveness and athleticisim. I've been told she did some track last spring, would like to see her continue to compete in other sports.

Hoopfan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Hoopfan » January 31st, 2018, 8:14 am

She should be sure to tell geno that you are not impressed by her dominance of Glendale and Mo Valley.

Return to “Basketball”