1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Hardwood chatter
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: 1-29 thru 2-3 scores, etc., etc.

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 31st, 2018, 9:24 pm

Lady Dragons take over sole possession of 1st in the Mountain League with 52-38 win over Penns Valley tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You play to win the game!!!

• Advertisement
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby SwaggyJ23 » January 31st, 2018, 10:29 pm

Justafanwholovessports wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bellwood's Alli Campbell hit the 1k point mark last night. Pretty impressive for a sophomore!

Unfortunately I'm not sold on all the hype for the Campbell girl yet. I've watched some of their games and have reviewed the maxprep stats. A few games back she was shooting 2 1/2 times more than anyone else on the team. Bellwood has a capable scorer at all positions. I know that social media has changed the way things are communicated but it could too much self promotion this early in her career. I see a coach full court pressing on inferior teams, keeping her in games to get 8-10 garbage points a game. When I looked at the stats, I don't see a great three point percentage and if you take 8-10 she gets off of easy steals, not necessarily a great 2 percentage. I understand bellwood is limited in its schedule and I'm sure she has caught the eye of some of these aau summer tournaments but to me even some of them are watered-down.  That's like the juniata valley girls that she has played with, how many games over the past 5-6 do you think those girls have played together? Then you go play these travel teams that were put together at the end of the season and playing a team that has played 200-300 games together. I guess I'm trying to get other people thoughts on some of this. I have seen the Bellwood coach switch her off other teams best players because she isn't quick enough to guard them without getting into foul trouble. I just don't see the explosiveness or quickness of some other local players from the altoona, bg, or hollidaysburg teams that played at pitt, saint francis, and some of the local division one teams. There are some very good basketball players in the area, but also there are a lot of one trick ponies out there who only perform against inferior or over matched opponents. I say that not necessarily against the Campbell girl but as general statement of all the hype with the data that is now collected. Guess I'm just old school where you contest every shot, dive on the floor for every loose ball, stood in and took the charge, and made that one extra pass to get all your teammates engaged. Where you put TEAM goals above personal goals.

She’s literally in 10th grade calm down

Hvl32
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Hvl32 » January 31st, 2018, 11:14 pm

Who won Fh /pc girls

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 31st, 2018, 11:18 pm

Hvl32 wrote:Who won Fh /pc girls

FH 60-44

You play to win the game!!!

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby upnorth » February 1st, 2018, 12:00 am

Girls
Philipsburg-Osceola 75
Bellefonte 33

Herrington had 41 points, with 18 in the 4th quarter. P-O led Bellefonte 50-19 at the start of the 4th. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 1st, 2018, 8:51 am

lgb87cape wrote:
Manfred wrote:Rangers now 12-6, having dropped last 2 games to teams they PROBABLY should have beaten.  One had 4 or 5 wins going in, the other 6.  Hope the ship finds its way out of the maelstrom it's been in.

Oh really!!! CH has some decent players don't know much about them. PC on the other hand has way better athletes they proved it last night with a strong press and tenacious defense. PC showed up and wanted it more. Just like in baseball last year beat the District six 4 A champs twice.  And if it weren't for cut off dates PC won the LHAC Baseball conference outright . So mention to the person in Ranger land that handles the banners that the banner should read co- champs. Don't make it look like FH won it out right on a pre made champion banner where all you do is add a year to it without telling the whole story.  :))

You're still crying about a baseball banner?  Give it a break.  And did you miss the word PROBABLY, highlighted in my previous post?  Whats PC's record against the same teams FH has beaten?  When all they do is throw up 30 3 point shots a game, some nights 4 or 5 fall, some nights 12, and that why your boys won at home.  Thats all they did in Sidman too, but the home team prevailed in both instances.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » February 1st, 2018, 9:27 am

What's wrong with "pre-made banners where all you do is add a year to it"? Saves time, effort and money.

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » February 1st, 2018, 9:32 am

When was the last time PC was relevant in anything? I love that he went from bashing CC earlier in the year and worked his way to FH. There are certain teams that are hard to root for come playoff time because of fans like you. Act like you’ve been there before, wait you’re from pc so you haven’t been there before.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » February 1st, 2018, 9:37 am

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:When was the last time PC was relevant in anything? I love that he went from bashing CC earlier in the year and worked his way to FH. There are certain teams that are hard to root for come playoff time because of fans like you. Act like you’ve been there before, wait you’re from pc so you haven’t been there before.

...Ligonier...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 1st, 2018, 9:55 am

Penn Cambria was really good 4-5 years ago and won District 6 in hoops with AJ Leahey leading the way. I guess that’s the last time they were “relevant”.

Return to “Basketball”