basketball 2-5 through 2-10

Hardwood chatter
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: basketball 2-5 through 2-10

Postby Manfred » February 11th, 2018, 12:28 pm

From what I understand, and I was a good distance away from the call, a BMCHS girl had gone off the floor with some kind of injury, so I'm assuming another girl took the floor in her place.  The scorer questioned the ref when the injured girl went right back into the game with no injury time for leaving the floor.  Nothing flagrant or vulgar from witnesses, yet like mentioned, you're supposed to just sit there and watch the incompetance and NOT say anything?  And yes, they sukked both ways.  How #10 for BMCHS stayed in the game is beyond me.

The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 11th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Yes. You aren’t allowed to complain about calls at the scorers table. That’s just how it is.  If you want to complain about calls, sit in the bleachers or be a coach. 

lgb87cape
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby lgb87cape » February 11th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Manfred wrote:From what I understand, and I was a good distance away from the call, a BMCHS girl had gone off the floor with some kind of injury, so I'm assuming another girl took the floor in her place.  The scorer questioned the ref when the injured girl went right back into the game with no injury time for leaving the floor.  Nothing flagrant or vulgar from witnesses, yet like mentioned, you're supposed to just sit there and watch the incompetance and NOT say anything?  And yes, they sukked both ways.  How #10 for BMCHS stayed in the game is beyond me.

Did McCort take a timeout?

CharlesBarkley
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CharlesBarkley » February 11th, 2018, 2:51 pm

Manfred wrote:From what I understand, and I was a good distance away from the call, a BMCHS girl had gone off the floor with some kind of injury, so I'm assuming another girl took the floor in her place.  The scorer questioned the ref when the injured girl went right back into the game with no injury time for leaving the floor.  Nothing flagrant or vulgar from witnesses, yet like mentioned, you're supposed to just sit there and watch the incompetance and NOT say anything?  And yes, they sukked both ways.  How #10 for BMCHS stayed in the game is beyond me.

The actually ejection was made during play as official was running past scorers table.... spoke with someone who heard what was said.... it did warrant the ejection !!

guru1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby guru1 » February 11th, 2018, 4:01 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:I hate to burst your bubble but I doubt he's better than the likes of Ruggery

I wouldn't argue with the kid that's still in school. No worth the time.

So basically you're saying, "GreenHornet, Enzo, and Bearcatfan walk into a bar........."

I don't follow the basketball boards on here as much as football so I can't speak as to the overall credibility of Green Hornet (Never saw his/her posts before) and for all I know he could be a student as you say. BUT.... on this one, GH is not wrong. I have seen Ruggery and Collins and there is absolutely a solid discussion on that point. Both young men are fantastic basketball players and nobody else I have seen is even in this discussion. When push comes to shove if I had to pick one I would, indeed, take Collins but there is a razor-thin difference. 

Colonel Mustard
Junior
Junior

Postby Colonel Mustard » February 11th, 2018, 5:33 pm

At a Jr. High McCort game this year, I saw the woman at the scorers table get up at each timeout, walk in front if the coaches and coach the team. The two coaches just stepped-back and watched. It was crazy.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » February 11th, 2018, 5:38 pm

guru1 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:I wouldn't argue with the kid that's still in school. No worth the time.

So basically you're saying, "GreenHornet, Enzo, and Bearcatfan walk into a bar........."

I don't follow the basketball boards on here as much as football so I can't speak as to the overall credibility of Green Hornet (Never saw his/her posts before) and for all I know he could be a student as you say. BUT.... on this one, GH is not wrong. I have seen Ruggery and Collins and there is absolutely a solid discussion on that point. Both young men are fantastic basketball players and nobody else I have seen is even in this discussion. When push comes to shove if I had to pick one I would, indeed, take Collins but there is a razor-thin difference. 

If this is the case then I look at level of competition 

SFB14
Senior
Senior

Postby SFB14 » February 11th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Collins is a terrific player and I don't mean to diminish his skills or contribution to his team in any way because that wouldn't be fair, but look at the competition the two teams are playing against on a nightly basis. Collins is playing in the ICC (Glendale, Mo Valley, CK, etc.... which is, let's be honest a terrible league and tailor made to get a bunch of points against) when Ruggery is playing in the LHAC (Johnstown, BC, FH, CC, Richland, McCort, PC, etc..) not to mention 2 games vs.H'burg (on the road and a neutral site) and at Altoona this season. When they two teams went head to head BG won handily. Did Collins have 29 and Ruggery 26? Yes, no question, but a quick check of Maxpreps shows that BG had 4 double digit scorers that game and JV had one, so sometimes strictly scoring is matter of who is taking the shots and how many they are taking. Collins is a very good player, he has done a lot at JV, but Ruggery has committed to SFU as a D1 full Scholarship basketball player. I don't think we should lose sight of that as SFU didn't become an NEC contender by handing out scholarships to players that they don't think can help them. Both players have had great high school careers so far, but to state that no other D6 guard is as good, or can offer what Collins does, is ridiculous on the surface, and baseless on it's merits when you actually look at all the variables. I would take Haupt, Ruggery, and Labriola before any other guard in the area. However, that is just my opinion, but one I've arrived at by watching all of them play multiple times.

Safetyblitz
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Safetyblitz » February 11th, 2018, 7:47 pm

SFB14 wrote:Collins is a terrific player and I don't mean to diminish his skills or contribution to his team in any way because that wouldn't be fair, but look at the competition the two teams are playing against on a nightly basis. Collins is playing in the ICC (Glendale, Mo Valley, CK, etc.... which is, let's be honest a terrible league and tailor made to get a bunch of points against) when Ruggery is playing in the LHAC (Johnstown, BC, FH, CC, Richland, McCort, PC, etc..) not to mention 2 games vs.H'burg (on the road and a neutral site) and at Altoona this season. When they two teams went head to head BG won handily. Did Collins have 29 and Ruggery 26? Yes, no question, but a quick check of Maxpreps shows that BG had 4 double digit scorers that game and JV had one, so sometimes strictly scoring is matter of who is taking the shots and how many they are taking. Collins is a very good player, he has done a lot at JV, but Ruggery has committed to SFU as a D1 full Scholarship basketball player. I don't think we should lose sight of that as SFU didn't become an NEC contender by handing out scholarships to players that they don't think can help them. Both players have had great high school careers so far, but to state that no other D6 guard is as good, or can offer what Collins does, is ridiculous on the surface, and baseless on it's merits when you actually look at all the variables. I would take Haupt, Ruggery, and Labriola before any other guard in the area. However, that is just my opinion, but one I've arrived at by watching all of them play multiple times.

Dilly, dilly 

guru1
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby guru1 » February 11th, 2018, 8:18 pm

SFB14 wrote:Collins is a terrific player and I don't mean to diminish his skills or contribution to his team in any way because that wouldn't be fair, but look at the competition the two teams are playing against on a nightly basis. Collins is playing in the ICC (Glendale, Mo Valley, CK, etc.... which is, let's be honest a terrible league and tailor made to get a bunch of points against) when Ruggery is playing in the LHAC (Johnstown, BC, FH, CC, Richland, McCort, PC, etc..) not to mention 2 games vs.H'burg (on the road and a neutral site) and at Altoona this season. When they two teams went head to head BG won handily. Did Collins have 29 and Ruggery 26? Yes, no question, but a quick check of Maxpreps shows that BG had 4 double digit scorers that game and JV had one, so sometimes strictly scoring is matter of who is taking the shots and how many they are taking. Collins is a very good player, he has done a lot at JV, but Ruggery has committed to SFU as a D1 full Scholarship basketball player. I don't think we should lose sight of that as SFU didn't become an NEC contender by handing out scholarships to players that they don't think can help them. Both players have had great high school careers so far, but to state that no other D6 guard is as good, or can offer what Collins does, is ridiculous on the surface, and baseless on it's merits when you actually look at all the variables. I would take Haupt, Ruggery, and Labriola before any other guard in the area. However, that is just my opinion, but one I've arrived at by watching all of them play multiple times.

That is completely a fair point. We are all entitled to our opinions and I NEVER said that Ruggery wasn't fantastic. I also never said anything about there head to head matchup... it's not like they played one on one...ha. At any rate...I have seen Collins play against top competition outside of the ICC (Early season they scheduled bigger teams (BG, Huntingdon etc)) and also in AAU ball so my opinion is not based on what he does solely against ICC teams. I will stick with my opinion but let's be honest...anyone would take either of them! Good luck to both boys in there future.....

Return to “Basketball”