Britt isn't too shabby either.

• Advertisement
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Re: basketball 2-5 through 2-10

Postby CrazyTrain » February 11th, 2018, 10:41 pm

guru1 wrote:
SFB14 wrote:Collins is a terrific player and I don't mean to diminish his skills or contribution to his team in any way because that wouldn't be fair, but look at the competition the two teams are playing against on a nightly basis. Collins is playing in the ICC (Glendale, Mo Valley, CK, etc.... which is, let's be honest a terrible league and tailor made to get a bunch of points against) when Ruggery is playing in the LHAC (Johnstown, BC, FH, CC, Richland, McCort, PC, etc..) not to mention 2 games vs.H'burg (on the road and a neutral site) and at Altoona this season. When they two teams went head to head BG won handily. Did Collins have 29 and Ruggery 26? Yes, no question, but a quick check of Maxpreps shows that BG had 4 double digit scorers that game and JV had one, so sometimes strictly scoring is matter of who is taking the shots and how many they are taking. Collins is a very good player, he has done a lot at JV, but Ruggery has committed to SFU as a D1 full Scholarship basketball player. I don't think we should lose sight of that as SFU didn't become an NEC contender by handing out scholarships to players that they don't think can help them. Both players have had great high school careers so far, but to state that no other D6 guard is as good, or can offer what Collins does, is ridiculous on the surface, and baseless on it's merits when you actually look at all the variables. I would take Haupt, Ruggery, and Labriola before any other guard in the area. However, that is just my opinion, but one I've arrived at by watching all of them play multiple times.

That is completely a fair point. We are all entitled to our opinions and I NEVER said that Ruggery wasn't fantastic. I also never said anything about there head to head matchup... it's not like they played one on one...ha. At any rate...I have seen Collins play against top competition outside of the ICC (Early season they scheduled bigger teams (BG, Huntingdon etc)) and also in AAU ball so my opinion is not based on what he does solely against ICC teams. I will stick with my opinion but let's be honest...anyone would take either of them! Good luck to both boys in there future.....

I haven’t seen Collins play, but what I liked most about Ruggery when I did see him play was his defense. He plays both sides of the ball well. Good luck on that D1 move after next year. 

SFB14
Senior
Senior

Postby SFB14 » February 12th, 2018, 3:41 am

I haven’t seen Britt play this year but based on what I’ve seen in the past and all I’ve read, he is certainly on any list of top area guards. He is a great player and it was an oversight to not mention him earlier. 

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 12th, 2018, 8:41 am

Colonel Mustard wrote:Britt isn't too shabby either.

What about -HIS- transfer?  You're so ready to jump on a frosh girl, what about him?  ***statement retracted.  Please answer my question.
Last edited by Manfred on February 12th, 2018, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

Colonel Mustard
Junior
Junior

Postby Colonel Mustard » February 12th, 2018, 9:01 am

Manfred wrote:

What about -HIS- transfer?  You're so ready to jump on a frosh girl, what about him?  At least the girl has avoided trouble.

Would you please document what trouble you are accusing this teenager of causing?

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 12th, 2018, 9:50 am

Colonel Mustard wrote:
Manfred wrote:

What about -HIS- transfer?  You're so ready to jump on a frosh girl, what about him?  At least the girl has avoided trouble.

Would you please document what trouble you are accusing this teenager of causing?

Right after YOU stop trying to find crap on a 9th grade girl.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 12th, 2018, 10:10 am

As far as guards go from District 6, you’d be in good shape with Imil Britt on your team.  Best ball handler around and probably the quickest guard in the area as well. 

Colonel Mustard
Junior
Junior

Postby Colonel Mustard » February 12th, 2018, 11:44 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:As far as guards go from District 6, you’d be in good shape with Imil Britt on your team.  Best ball handler around and probably the quickest guard in the area as well. 

He can score a little too. Should be a good match-up Friday.

Colonel Mustard
Junior
Junior

Postby Colonel Mustard » February 12th, 2018, 11:48 am

Manfred wrote:
Colonel Mustard wrote:
Manfred wrote:What about -HIS- transfer?  You're so ready to jump on a frosh girl, what about him?  At least the girl has avoided trouble.

Right after YOU stop trying to find crap on a 9th grade girl.

I never said anything bad about the girl and don't really care if her parents moved for athletic reasons. Nor do I care about parents sending their kids to Bishop whatever for athletic reasons. My point, which you can't understand for some reason, is that there is little difference between the two. Yet people get hot and bothered when a Bishop gets a player.  Your overreaction is making my point.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 12th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Your bringing it up in the first place started this.  Blame yourself.  In this case, BMCHS lost a player.  Do YOU know why.

Return to “Basketball”