Playoff basketball scores 2-19 to 2-24.

Hardwood chatter
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Playoff basketball scores 2-19 to 2-24.

Postby upnorth » February 21st, 2018, 9:36 pm

Boys
Saint Joseph's 46
Saltsburg 41

• Advertisement
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » February 21st, 2018, 10:01 pm

CoachFranklin wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:CC 77
Bellwood 53

Final

The Laurel Highlands is so far ahead of every conference in the area it’s just unreal. The fact that a 12-10 LHAC team beat a 17-5 ICC team by 24 points in a playoff game is just astonishing to me. Figured CC would win but not by 24 points, especially with the game being played at Bellwood. I wish CC and Richland would have been on opposite sides of the bracket, would’ve loved to see how they would’ve faired against a pretty good Ligonier Valley team. The mountain league is pretty good as well with Central, Huntington, and Tyrone but wow the LHAC is just in a league of its own from the top to the bottom. 

I would not say they're strictly better or worse top to bottom, but the records are sometimes misleading. 5 of CC's losses were to the Catholics. Swap those games out for a couple ICC bottom feeders and suddenly they're 17-5 like Bellwood, not 12-10. Then 2 other losses were to a very athletic Johnstown team and Richland. They had some bad losses as well but in a weaker league this team could easily be 18-4 

SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby SwaggyJ23 » February 21st, 2018, 10:39 pm

Not surprised by the Bellwood score. The ICC is weak

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 22nd, 2018, 9:22 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I thought Forest Hills would mimic Richland's gym, little surprised it's as small as it turned out. Westmont's new gym doesn't have quite all the bells and whistles, but bleacher size, it's probably closest to Richland among the new gyms. 
Richland, Westmont, and Johnstown are probably the three biggest and nicest gyms in the LHAC.  Forest Hills is right there minus the seating capacity, but the floor itself is really nice.  CC re-doing its floor helps a lot. Bishop Carroll is a fairly nice gym too.  New bleachers helped a lot.  Right there you have six playoff caliber gyms in the league.  

FH has 2 sections of 4-row roll-out bleachers to put in the court ends, bringing capacity to just over 1,000 seats.  These are used infrequently, like when hosting the Ferndale-Williamsburg boys playoff last year.  FH played at CC a couple weeks ago, and the side closest the school, had the bleachers rolled back to the wall, and both teams were seated on folding chairs, not the bleachers.  How can this place continue to host double or triple headers as they have in the past?  Haven't been in the new Westy facility yet, but hear good and bad about its construction, from one of the bricklayers.  I would choose BC over CC.  IMHO, the PIAA chooses the cheapest venue, no consideration of capacity, in order to MAXIMIZE their PROFIT.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » February 22nd, 2018, 9:56 am

Manfred wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:I thought Forest Hills would mimic Richland's gym, little surprised it's as small as it turned out. Westmont's new gym doesn't have quite all the bells and whistles, but bleacher size, it's probably closest to Richland among the new gyms. 
Richland, Westmont, and Johnstown are probably the three biggest and nicest gyms in the LHAC.  Forest Hills is right there minus the seating capacity, but the floor itself is really nice.  CC re-doing its floor helps a lot. Bishop Carroll is a fairly nice gym too.  New bleachers helped a lot.  Right there you have six playoff caliber gyms in the league.  

FH has 2 sections of 4-row roll-out bleachers to put in the court ends, bringing capacity to just over 1,000 seats.  These are used infrequently, like when hosting the Ferndale-Williamsburg boys playoff last year.  FH played at CC a couple weeks ago, and the side closest the school, had the bleachers rolled back to the wall, and both teams were seated on folding chairs, not the bleachers.  How can this place continue to host double or triple headers as they have in the past?  Haven't been in the new Westy facility yet, but hear good and bad about its construction, from one of the bricklayers.  I would choose BC over CC.  IMHO, the PIAA chooses the cheapest venue, no consideration of capacity, in order to MAXIMIZE their PROFIT.

This is only done during the regular season because no game gets sold out and it's good keeping fans away from teams and coaches. For playoffs all bleachers are used. We've hosted some big double headers and have never ran out of seats and have plenty of parking. Unlike Bellwood last night. Standing room only and parking half a mile away

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 22nd, 2018, 10:38 am

I’ve never seen issues for Central Cambria double headers.  The Homer-Ridgway game a few years ago was packed but nobody was turned away or anything and I believe it followed a BC game that had a healthy crowd.  

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » February 22nd, 2018, 10:51 am

lgb87cape wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
coachcarter wrote:Can anyone post on what West Schomokin has. I am going to try and make the game Weds, at Richland and just wanted to know what I should expect and be looking for.

Nothing . Save your $6 . #1 Orlosky had 14 pts.. #23 DeWitt 11pts. 6'5" kid #50 Libengood 7 pts. Richland will win by 35. WS turned the ball over 25 times. PC literally had 15 shots in the cylinder that stayed on the rim for a second and fell off. Even game . PC went cold in he 4th . 1 FG 3 pointer and 1-8 at the line.  Up by 7 mid 3rd up by 2 at the start of fourth quarter.  WS didn't press that wasn't the reason like Hollidaysburg game. They put the clamps on O' Donnell and Ronan got in foul trouble early. Richland 75-40. 

70-32. Richland 38 point win.  :D

Congrats I guess? But WS beat PC so I guess Richland would’ve given them a beat down too

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » February 22nd, 2018, 10:54 am

One year I got there after the first game of a DH had started, I don't remember who, but I had to stand the whole game partially behind that stupid net in the upper back corner.  Then at least some of the first game crowd left.  I still don't like CC's gym.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

D6basketballfan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby D6basketballfan » February 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm

I think Hollidaysburg has the ideal gym size.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » February 22nd, 2018, 1:08 pm

D6basketballfan wrote:I think Hollidaysburg has the ideal gym size.

I agree and u don't have to sit 20 feet from the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

Return to “Basketball”