Coaching Changes

Hardwood chatter
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Coaching Changes

Postby CrazyTrain » April 19th, 2018, 1:08 pm

knowitall wrote:It really is a shame that every team in the LHAC can't go 12-4 in the conference every year.

Better develop the kids in elementary and junior high?  Ha!  Conemaugh Valley went 0-10 in football this year.  Four years ago they went 8-0 in junior high.

High school coaches aren't magicians.

I get what you’re saying and agree that coaches aren’t magicians, but this guy is the exception. Go see a CH game next year and watch the coach. It’s embarrasing for the CH program. Someone must have seen him on the sidelines coaching. If you call it that. Very frustrating for kids and fans.

• Advertisement
CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » April 19th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Tigersharks wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Cambria Heights was 6-16 this season, and 3-13 in the LHAC.  They beat playoff teams Forest Hills and Central Cambria along the way as well. They will return Liam Wholaver next season to anchor the team, one of the more underrated players in the league.  We'll have to see if Heights can take a step forward with him as a senior.

Coach Nagel's three year stretch from 2008, 09, 10 was very good.  They were 52-24, including a 21-6 season in 2009 with a D6AA championship. They made it to the state tournament twice in that stretch.  

They've fallen on some tough times since. In 2012 and 2013 they went to the playoffs twice with an 11-12 mark, and a 13-10 mark. But five straight losing seasons since.

They better hope they have Liam for next year.  A lot of rumors floating around about him.  If they don't they may not get the ball over half court against some of these teams.

He’s not the only one trust me.

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 19th, 2018, 1:13 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
Tigersharks wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Cambria Heights was 6-16 this season, and 3-13 in the LHAC.  They beat playoff teams Forest Hills and Central Cambria along the way as well. They will return Liam Wholaver next season to anchor the team, one of the more underrated players in the league.  We'll have to see if Heights can take a step forward with him as a senior.

Coach Nagel's three year stretch from 2008, 09, 10 was very good.  They were 52-24, including a 21-6 season in 2009 with a D6AA championship. They made it to the state tournament twice in that stretch.  

They've fallen on some tough times since. In 2012 and 2013 they went to the playoffs twice with an 11-12 mark, and a 13-10 mark. But five straight losing seasons since.

They better hope they have Liam for next year.  A lot of rumors floating around about him.  If they don't they may not get the ball over half court against some of these teams.

I’ve seen him play a couple times.  That kids is fast with the ball in his hands.  He needs to work on a couple areas of his game, but he has a lot of potential. 

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 19th, 2018, 3:53 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
Tigersharks wrote:

I have seen him play, Liam seems very fast with the ball in his hand. He seems to have good court vision and looks for his teammates. He could become a tougher defender, but I wonder if he is tired from playing so much and not getting breaks throughout the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby IHeartFootball2 » April 19th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Sounds like another disgruntled parent with an ax to grind against a coach. He’s had some good years & they don’t have the players right now. As other stated they LHAC was loaded this year with really good teams. Public Schools go through cycles. It is what it is.

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 19th, 2018, 7:41 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:Sounds like another disgruntled parent with an ax to grind against a coach. He’s had some good years & they don’t have the players right now. As other stated they LHAC was loaded this year with really good teams. Public Schools go through cycles. It is what it is.

Stick to football

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 19th, 2018, 7:45 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:Sounds like another disgruntled parent with an ax to grind against a coach. He’s had some good years & they don’t have the players right now. As other stated they LHAC was loaded this year with really good teams. Public Schools go through cycles. It is what it is.

They don’t have the players because a lot of upper class men chose not to play for him. Plenty of talent in the stands.

Colonel Mustard
Senior
Senior

Postby Colonel Mustard » April 19th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Disgruntled patents ran-off Richland's girls coach. Yes their record was awful, but the Jr. High team won the LHAC. So much for building a program.

CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » April 19th, 2018, 8:37 pm

Hell yeah I’m disgruntled, but no ax to grind here. Parents have been trying for a couple years now to get rid of him. The program is dying if you want to call it a program. Each year less and less kids want to participate. Like Tiger said, kids in the stands should be on the court contributing. Heck, he had to ask kids to come out this year just to have kids fill spots on the bench. Not much you can do about it but vent your frustrations, because the CH administration and school board have a blind eye to what’s going on concerning everything with him. dang right I’m disgruntled!!!

Safetyblitz
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Safetyblitz » April 19th, 2018, 8:52 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:

Hell yeah I’m disgruntled, but no ax to grind here. Parents have been trying for a couple years now to get rid of him. The program is dying if you want to call it a program. Each year less and less kids want to participate. Like Tiger said, kids in the stands should be on the court contributing. Heck, he had to ask kids to come out this year just to have kids fill spots on the bench. Not much you can do about it but vent your frustrations, because the CH administration and school board have a blind eye to what’s going on concerning everything with him. dang right I’m disgruntled!!!

CH isn't to far from ebensburg!!? I wonder if that's the rumor people are talking about ?!! Ch did steal Vescovi from the Catholic school system if I remember correctly !!!

Return to “Basketball”