Coaching Changes

Hardwood chatter
wpbc
Junior
Junior

Re: Coaching Changes

Postby wpbc » April 23rd, 2018, 9:57 pm

deepcreek wrote:Considering a Heritage team beat the state runner up for district title and purchase line beat McCort, your evaluation of CH being heritage level may be a compliment and not a put down as you intended

My evaluation is that from an enrollment standpoint CH should be in the heritage. If they were they're probably a .500 or better team and people aren't complaining about their record. And if there's talent in the stands that don't want to play for the coach then they're not type of kid that I would want in the program. 

• Advertisement
LVCoachFoust
Freshman
Freshman

Postby LVCoachFoust » April 23rd, 2018, 11:18 pm

McCort did beat LV early in the season, but I'm pretty sure Daugherty and Tutino were still out from football related injuries at the time.  That would make a little bit of a difference.

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 24th, 2018, 9:21 am

wpbc wrote:
deepcreek wrote:Considering a Heritage team beat the state runner up for district title and purchase line beat McCort, your evaluation of CH being heritage level may be a compliment and not a put down as you intended

My evaluation is that from an enrollment standpoint CH should be in the heritage. If they were they're probably a .500 or better team and people aren't complaining about their record. And if there's talent in the stands that don't want to play for the coach then they're not type of kid that I would want in the program. 

I would disagree with you notion that they may not be good kids because they don’t want to play for the coach. There is allegations of mistreatment from some of the coaching staff and the HC tolerating it. I believe they have plenty of talent and just aren’t being taught the game and fundamentals. He is a teacher why can’t he teach kids to play basketball, instead he claims “there are no basketball players.” To me a leader doesn’t blame the people he is in charge of but takes responsibility of his ability to teach, motivate and train those to complete the mission/job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » April 24th, 2018, 12:20 pm

That wasn't exactly the point whether Ligonier had their football players playing or not, the point was Purchase Line beating McCort didn't really validate the entire Heritage Conference, it validated themselves.  Same thing with Ligonier beating Richland.

Ligonier and Purchase Line were in that conversation with the 7 good teams from the LHAC this year, that's all I was really saying. 

Lionjacket
Senior
Senior

Postby Lionjacket » April 27th, 2018, 4:48 pm

Today is the deadline for the Chestnut Ridge boys basketball applications. Anyone hear of anyone who applied?

kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby kmr » April 27th, 2018, 8:36 pm

There was a article about the basketball issues at CH.  There was a lot of former players that stood up for the head coach.   

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tigersharks » April 28th, 2018, 2:32 pm

kmr wrote:There was a article about the basketball issues at CH.  There was a lot of former players that stood up for the head coach.   

There was not a lot, there was 3. And during the same article the person who wrote the article interviewed 3 other former players. 2 did not speak very highly of the coach. One said “...good guy, terrible coach. He didn’t teach me anything about basketball.” And the other said “he is the reason why I didn’t play basketball my senior year.” But you didn’t see that in the article...wonder why? Maybe because the article was influenced by those at CH trying to justify the actions of the coach and administration.

IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby IHeartFootball2 » April 28th, 2018, 7:17 pm

So the coach & the administration contacted the newspaper to have them write an article to try & make the coach look good? Um ok I got it?!?

CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » April 28th, 2018, 8:07 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:So the coach & the administration contacted the newspaper to have them write an article to try & make the coach look good? Um ok I got it?!?

The young reporter who wrote this article graduated from CH and is friends with all three former players in the article. Doesn’t it seem strange that not one of the negative interviews the reporter conducted was not used. Tigersharks comment doesn’t seem very far fetched to me at all.

Tigersharks
Freshman
Freshman

Coaching Changes

Postby Tigersharks » April 28th, 2018, 8:53 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:So the coach & the administration contacted the newspaper to have them write an article to try & make the coach look good? Um ok I got it?!?

That is exactly what I am saying. Trying to get ahead of the claim by parents of the administration allowing the coaches to call the JV team the goof troop.

Return to “Basketball”