District playoffs

Hardwood chatter
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: District playoffs

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 7th, 2019, 7:57 am

I’m thinking it will count.  I know the past couple years the Heritage teams would save a non-conference game or something after the Heritage title game so they wouldn’t have a week+ off.  I’m surprised West Shamokin has already played 22 games.  I recall Saltsburg playing Jeannette in the regular season after the Heritage game a year or two ago  

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » February 7th, 2019, 7:58 am

sportsfan1072 wrote:With only games counting up to February 9 but games scheduled through the 11th for some teams, when will the districts playoffs start?

February 18 would be my guess.  The LHAC/WestPac title games look like they will be on the 16th.  

CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » February 7th, 2019, 9:06 am

Tigersharks wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:They will count. The Heritage plays their title games a week early for a reason. 

And WS game Saturday against LV is its 23rd and that will count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Heritage Championship is on Friday Feb. 08. Not Saturday. There’s a lot riding on this game as far as seeding in th District 6 playoffs. The 4,5, and 6th seeds are tight. 

CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » February 7th, 2019, 9:17 am

If the Heritage game doesn’t count. West Shamokin locks in that 4th seed and last home playoff game spot. If it does count, they’ll probably lose to LV and drop to a 6th seed depending on if CH can win it’s next two game that are winnable. CH loses one or two. They’ll have to go to Richland or Forest Hills. Next two days will be interesting for sure.

Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Tigersharks » February 7th, 2019, 9:27 am

CrazyTrain wrote:
Tigersharks wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:They will count. The Heritage plays their title games a week early for a reason. 

And WS game Saturday against LV is its 23rd and that will count?

The Heritage Championship is on Friday Feb. 08. Not Saturday. There’s a lot riding on this game as far as seeding in th District 6 playoffs. The 4,5, and 6th seeds are tight. 

The #1 seed as well, if it counts. If LV loses and Richland wins two very winnable game they would slide into the #1 slot.

Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Tigersharks » February 7th, 2019, 9:30 am

CrazyTrain wrote:      If the Heritage game doesn’t count. West Shamokin locks in that 4th seed and last home playoff game spot. If it does count, they’ll probably lose to LV and drop to a 6th seed depending on if CH can win it’s next two game that are winnable. CH loses one or two. They’ll have to go to Richland or Forest Hills. Next two days will be interesting for sure.

If the Heritage games don’t count they wouldn’t get the points for the semifinals either and WS could still lose the #4 slot. But would still be 5th I believe. I don’t think BA can jump them.

Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Tigersharks » February 7th, 2019, 9:33 am

Tigersharks wrote:
CrazyTrain wrote:      If the Heritage game doesn’t count. West Shamokin locks in that 4th seed and last home playoff game spot. If it does count, they’ll probably lose to LV and drop to a 6th seed depending on if CH can win it’s next two game that are winnable. CH loses one or two. They’ll have to go to Richland or Forest Hills. Next two days will be interesting for sure.

If the Heritage games don’t count they wouldn’t get the points for the semifinals either and WS could still lose the #4 slot. But would still be 5th I believe. I don’t think BA can jump them.

According to the current standings they counted the 22nd game against PL for WS. So I am going to assume they will count the finals as well.

costanza
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby costanza » February 7th, 2019, 11:07 am

to my understanding the conference championships for the Heritage do not count...it is a 23rd game, which has to be approved by the district committee (which it was obviously).  The crossover or semi final games that occurred earlier this week do count because we were all told to only schedule 21 games, with these games making the maximum 22.  Some teams do play one or two of their allotted 22 games next week so they don't go almost 2 weeks before the districts start.  Also, does anyone know of a tiebreaker used if two teams have the exact same decimal rating in the standings?

CrazyTrain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby CrazyTrain » February 7th, 2019, 11:29 am

costanza wrote:to my understanding the conference championships for the Heritage do not count...it is a 23rd game, which has to be approved by the district committee (which it was obviously).  The crossover or semi final games that occurred earlier this week do count because we were all told to only schedule 21 games, with these games making the maximum 22.  Some teams do play one or two of their allotted 22 games next week so they don't go almost 2 weeks before the districts start.  Also, does anyone know of a tiebreaker used if two teams have the exact same decimal rating in the standings?

You’re right CH and BA could have the same decimal rating if they both win out and tied for the 5th seed.

Tigersharks
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Tigersharks » February 7th, 2019, 12:13 pm

CrazyTrain wrote:
costanza wrote:to my understanding the conference championships for the Heritage do not count...it is a 23rd game, which has to be approved by the district committee (which it was obviously).  The crossover or semi final games that occurred earlier this week do count because we were all told to only schedule 21 games, with these games making the maximum 22.  Some teams do play one or two of their allotted 22 games next week so they don't go almost 2 weeks before the districts start.  Also, does anyone know of a tiebreaker used if two teams have the exact same decimal rating in the standings?

You’re right CH and BA could have the same decimal rating if they both win out and tied for the 5th seed.

If they both win out CH would have 4.38 and BA would have 4.3. BA only has one more game before Saturday I believe.

Return to “Basketball”