Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

The name says it all!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » November 14th, 2016, 3:16 pm

No it's the attendance between the state school versus the pro team attendance in the same stadium

• Advertisement
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby bigrig15 » November 14th, 2016, 3:35 pm

I just looked it up and you are correct I did not realize they are that close. I think another interesting number would be how many of the people that live in those areas are alumni of those schools I'm not completely sure of this but I feel like a lot of Pitts students are from a different area cause it is pretty expensive for a state school and is relatively difficult to get into. I know Penn State does not have this problem but I still think that could be a interesting number as to why

say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » November 14th, 2016, 4:12 pm

Ok, yes, there are other schools based in the same city as NFL teams.  But of the previous schools listed, which one of them is relevant in major college football and also has a rabid fan base???    Most are split and neither the NFL team or the college counterpart is a perennial championship contender. Only college team I can think of is Michigan but that is a stretch because the Detroit Lions are a perennial cellar-dweller.  The media often drives interest and those schools without an NFL team to compete with get way more exposure.  
In contrast, Pitt shares a stadium with the most rabid NFL fan base and possibly most successful NFL team in the country.  It has to be difficult to generate the same kind of college football excitement in Pittsburgh for Pitt as there is compared to the Steelers.  And its the the same in Cincinnati, Memphis, Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, etc.  Ever see the sportscasts in any of these cities?  Its all about the NFL, definitely not CFB.  

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » November 14th, 2016, 4:17 pm

Like I said I'm willing to bet the U has a bigger fan base then the dolphins. And all the other cities you listed their teams are dwellers too.

say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » November 14th, 2016, 4:22 pm

Best present day college teams in cities with NFL franchises would be USC and TCU, Washington, Miami (?) maybe Stanford, and Georgia Tech. But to call any of them a football powerhouse right now is laughable. BTW - none of these schools have rabid fan bases. Criminal, maybe the U... But not rabid LOL!

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » November 14th, 2016, 4:23 pm

And the steelers are any better?

say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » November 15th, 2016, 10:46 am

The Steelers have the most Super Bowl victories ever, second most Hall of Famers of all-time, and a crazy nationwide fan base rivaled only by the Dallas Cowboys.  What else is there to say about that?

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » November 15th, 2016, 11:26 am

And all the criminals?

say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » November 15th, 2016, 11:33 am

It was a knock at Miami's reputation... They didn't do a 30 for 30 on the Steelers' pot smokers yet did they? LOL

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » November 15th, 2016, 12:07 pm

The reason people don't go watch pitt is because they are a mediocre team. If they were great the place would be packed. It's that simple.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”