Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

The name says it all!
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

Postby 223113 » December 31st, 2016, 5:37 pm

I never said Harbaugh has done nothing with Michigan. But, he didnt make a mediocre team, "top of the pack."
He took a bad team, and made it a good team.
They were the 4th best Big 10 team this year. They should feel good about that.

• Advertisement
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 31st, 2016, 7:06 pm

How can you call them 4th best??? They are clearly better than psu and wisconsin

Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 223113 » December 31st, 2016, 7:27 pm

At this point in the season, when teams have had the chance to gel, and improve, Wisky and PSU did.

Michigan, not so much.

My "eye test" says Mich is the 4th best team in the Big 10. You don't have to agree, and you won't convince me otherwise, so this is an exercise in futility.

You're enamored with Harbaugh, and Mich., and that's okay. Enjoy.
Happy New Year!

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 31st, 2016, 7:31 pm

If only there were not head to head games to easily dispute your eye test. Have a good new year

PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby PortagePride » January 1st, 2017, 10:23 am

konjo78 wrote:How can you call them 4th best??? They are clearly better than psu and wisconsin

Michigan was "clearly" better but yet lost to Iowa and Ohio State. They finished 4th in their conference overall and 3rd IN THEIR OWN DIVISION. They won one game outside the state of Michigan(Rutgers lol) and finished the season losing 3 out of their last 4 games. Have a good new year :ymparty:

say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » January 4th, 2017, 11:35 am

Good coaches put teams in position to win games, but great players actually win the games.  Thats the difference with teams that Harbaugh and Narduzzi are coaching.  They don't have as much talent yet.   Just Look at the end of the PSU-USC game.  USC's QB is a beast.  He handled the game tying and winning drives brilliantly.  McSorley is good but clearly not on the same level as Darnold, otherwise they get a field goal at the end, not another hail mary pick.

Same goes for Michigan's QB.  If he weren't just an average QB Michigan probably goes undefeated.  But because of what Harbaugh did for that team they were right there in every game and lost three games by less than seven points.  Otherwise they are in the final four.  I don't care for his antics, but its college football and the brass don't care about antics, they want results.  Why else are the football coaches the highest paid state employees in every state?

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » January 6th, 2017, 9:38 am

Harbaugh had a roster that featured 20 of the 24 starters as seniors. Yes, even the K and P. They lose their entire defense to graduation and NFL draft. They bring back 4 starters on offense, that's it.

Yet, this great and all knowing coach still finished 3rd in his division of the conference behind the 2 youngest teams in FBS this past season.

Harbaugh is he biggest fraud in CFB history. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 6th, 2017, 9:45 am

Michigan didn't seem to have a ton of athletes when playing Florida State in the Orange Bowl.  Their QB was terrible, Their backs had trouble making plays outside the tackles ect. I guess they did miss Peppers.   Harbaugh has been recruiting at a high level, they should be really good when he starts coaching his players and not Brady Hoke's.  

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 6th, 2017, 10:22 am

The San Francisco 49ers certainly haven't missed Jim Harbaugh.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » January 6th, 2017, 11:54 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Michigan didn't seem to have a ton of athletes when playing Florida State in the Orange Bowl.  Their QB was terrible, Their backs had trouble making plays outside the tackles ect. I guess they did miss Peppers.   Harbaugh has been recruiting at a high level, they should be really good when he starts coaching his players and not Brady Hoke's.  

I knew someone would eventually go this direction. Why do some coaches get ge benefit of the doubt when coaching their successors players and others don't? 
I mean let's be honest, Brady Hoke was still bringing in good to great classes every year. I don't think he ever had a class outside the top 20 and he had a few classes in the top 5. He was actually known as a good recruiter. Hoke didn't really get the benefit of doubt of having to coach others players. If anything, he should have been given a longer leash to bring in his guys considering RichRod's players were all designed on the spread/hurry up offense he runs.  They instead fired him after just 5 seasons.
Many of players Hoke brought in fit the type of system Harbaugh will run. In fact, that defense was pretty much buttoned up and ready to for Harbaugh due to Hoke being a great defensive coach and recruiter.
Here's the thing on Harbaugh, Michigan rates their program on one single thing and that is success against Ohio State. He just missed his best opportunity. He is now 0-2 against Ohio State with Ohio State bringing back their entire team next year. Michigan will be replacing everyone. How is Michigan's fanbase going to react next year when they are probably coming off another loss to Ohio State (making him 0-3 against them) and more than likely less than a 10 win season. They play Florida week 1 in Arlington, TX, at Penn State, at Wisconsin, Ohio State.  It's an uphill battle for Harbaugh from here. 

Return to “College and Professional Sports”