Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Pat Narduzzi should be suspended

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 6th, 2017, 12:22 pm

I don't know man, I watched Michigan once this year....in the Orange Bowl....and they looked very basic and limited on offense. I can only go off what I saw. He's brought in a top 5 class last year and probably this year as well.  I think he'll have some good teams in the near future.

• Advertisement
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby say_oww » January 6th, 2017, 12:54 pm

knowitall wrote:The San Francisco 49ers certainly haven't missed Jim Harbaugh.

=))  From the Super Bowl to the laughingstock of the league...  I agree, they don't miss him at all.  But I will also say that they miss the first few years of his team-building...  Unfortunately his act is only good for a few years and then he is always shown the door.  

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 6th, 2017, 1:07 pm

49ers made the postseason 3 times and went 44-19 under Harbaugh with a Super Bowl appearance, and 2 NFC title game appearances in 4 seasons.

They're 7-25 since he left.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 6th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Not bad for the biggest fraud in CFB history.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » January 6th, 2017, 4:15 pm

Please keep in mind Brady Hoke went 10-3 with a trip to the Sugar Bow in his second year. The only differences were he didn't have a roster of 20 seniors starters and he was using players from recruiting classes ranked considerably lower who were for a completely different system.

You may not have seen explosive players but Brady Hoke recruited as good of players as any program in the country. There are explosive players there, they may just have not been used properly. During his tenure, his classes ranked 4th, 6th, and 20th in the country. (Hoke was there for 4 seasons which is 3 full recruiting seasons) Those are the players that Harbaugh has had to work with. 

There is a reason why Jim Harbaugh can take a team to the super bowl while average 10 wins a year yet still be looking for work 13 months later.  

It's like a career in sales, sometimes the best salesperson isn't the guy who comes in and closes record business the first year. It's the person who builds lasting relationships, learns how to do things the right way, doesn't rip his/her coworkers off, is humble, and shows up on day 14,231 with the same effort as he did day 14.  Those are the salespeople that make their companies long term benefactors.  It seems to me that watching Jim Harbaugh, he is the record 1st year sales guy. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 6th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Well we can't forget Harbaugh went 4-8 to 5-7 to 8-5 to 12-1 at Stanford, a historically tough place to win.  He inherited a team that went 1-11 the year before (yay Walt Harris!) and had them in the Orange Bowl in his fourth year.  The guy can coach. 

So maybe he walked into a good situation here at Michigan, he didn't walk into a good one at Stanford.  

The Stanford football program sure seems like a long time benefactor from his hard work. Shaw is a great coach, but someone started it for him, 

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » January 6th, 2017, 4:53 pm

That certainly is a valid point and I guess this all comes down to eachs own personal opinion of the guy. I guess I feel like he is treated like the second coming of Paul Bryant. I just look at his body of work and see 6 collegiate seasons and 1 great one. I feel like 90% of the power 5 head coaches could have gone 10-3 with the team he had this year. Is he a good coach? Yeah. But I can think of many more college coaches that I would compare to his body of work to this point.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 6th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Maybe he's a bit overhyped, but I think he's still a very good coach that will be pretty successful wherever he goes.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”