Is the big 10 the big fraud?

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3933
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 116
Location: tri cities, Washington

Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby konjo78 » January 1st, 2017, 3:39 am

During the seasom every analyis gloated how strong and deep the big 10 was.


Now in bowl season the best the conference can do is 5-5 and is currently 2-5. Maybe it didnt even deserve 1 CFP Team, let alone 2 people called for (like myself)



  • Advertisement
User avatar
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 630
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 8:02 pm
Reputation: 55
Location: Portage, PA

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby PortagePride » January 1st, 2017, 10:14 am

Anyone can say this every year about a lot of conferences. It's pointless comparing and contrasting conference bowl records.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3933
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 116
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby konjo78 » January 2nd, 2017, 9:30 pm

What an entertaining rose bowl game but it highlights 100% how overrated the big 10 was this season. 3-7 is pretty bad for a conference everyone said was hands down the best.

People may say it means nothing but the lack of meaningful out of conference play means bowl games will highlight which conferences were the best. Based on record ACC is 1 and SEC is 2.

Opinionguy
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1085
Joined: November 8th, 2004, 1:26 am
Reputation: 3
Location: Johnstown
Contact:

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby Opinionguy » January 2nd, 2017, 10:09 pm

At first glance to the casual fan the B1G's showing doesn't look good. However, they put 4 teams in the New Year's SIX Bowls, Wisc won, PSU and Michigan came within an eyelash of winning, and OSU forgot to show up. So yes the 1-3 record there doesn't look great but they showed their depth as all teams represented well (again except tOsU). 
And the last thing I must tell you...NEVER QUIT!

ss1082
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: October 23rd, 2016, 9:07 pm
Reputation: 22

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby ss1082 » January 2nd, 2017, 10:11 pm

So you think based on this the ACC is the best conference? As stated earlier you cant make a statement like that based on bowl matchups.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3933
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 116
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby konjo78 » January 2nd, 2017, 10:27 pm

When are you suppose to judge? 75% of the season is all confernce games and most teams dodge the other 25%

User avatar
bleacherbum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 575
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 5:36 pm
Reputation: 18

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby bleacherbum » January 2nd, 2017, 10:36 pm

And one of the B10 win was against the MAC

Pa teams didn't fair very well.
0-3


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 75
Joined: May 12th, 2014, 1:18 pm
Reputation: 15

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby bigrig15 » January 2nd, 2017, 10:48 pm

Big 10 and ACC are pretty similar. If I had to choose I would go ACC just because they have the best team of the two conferences

EaglealumsGhost
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant
Posts: 224
Joined: October 28th, 2016, 8:39 pm
Reputation: 66

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby EaglealumsGhost » January 3rd, 2017, 12:47 am

I wouldn't call them a fraud. Just crap pot stirring by ESPN, you know, the dumb experts that are the ones that started this by saying the big ten was the top conference in the first place. Espn is the fraud. As far as comparisons, ACC is obviously top dogs this year regardless of the out come of the last game. Both leagues have 14 schools. ACC put 11(8-3) into bowls,and B1G put 10(3-7) with I believe 4 head to heads that went 3-1 to ACC

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1997
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 284
Contact:

Re: Is the big 10 the big fraud?

Postby knowitall » January 3rd, 2017, 6:05 am

College football is king in the south.


Return to “College and Professional Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests