Robert Kraft is awesome

The name says it all!
hitnrun10r
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 82
Joined: July 23rd, 2015, 4:55 pm
Reputation: 9

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby hitnrun10r » February 7th, 2017, 9:20 am

I agree that he won't retire, but it would make sense for him to! He led the greatest comeback in Super Bowl historyat 39 years-old. He has the most Super Bowl appearances, most Super Bowl pass completions, most Super Bowl passing yards and most Super Bowl touchdown passes.

Also, fans can finally call him as the greatest and mean it. He settled his last score against Roger Goodell, when Goodell looked him in the eye, shook his hand and handed him that trophy. It just makes sense, but we will see him play for a while I think.

I was never a fan of Brady because I always liked Peyton Manning and I am a Steelers fan. I still love to hate the guy, but in sports, you either hate or love the great ones.



  • Advertisement
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3845
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 100
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby konjo78 » February 7th, 2017, 10:55 am

Ive went back and watched that play about 20 times. His arm is already starting a forward motion, not much of one but 100% did start moving forward.

Im sure the nfl "reviewed" it so quickly! They didnt even stop to give a booth review. For the biggest game of the year thats pretty darn weird. 

Ive posted a link still where his arm is going starting forward before he gets stripped.  http://imgur.com/WXkBLok

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3845
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 100
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby konjo78 » February 7th, 2017, 10:59 am

CCDevil2012 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:And the obvious offensive PI on the 2nd 2pt conversion was again missed. Somehow defenders cant do anything to a wr but wrs can straight up push you when the pass is in the air!!!

Obvious? I think you need to check the rule book because pass interference cannot occur at or behind the line of scrimmage. That 2 pt conversion was thrown 2-3 yards BEHIND the line and the blockers were on the line.
That and I think pass interference is only on forward passes, which this was not

The link here is a snapshot of when the pass is in the air.... 1 you can easily tell its a forward pass!!! 2 you can easily see both wrs committing offensive pass interference on that side. Hate to see you dispute that
http://imgur.com/SzJKm27

User avatar
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1153
Joined: October 7th, 2009, 11:27 am
Reputation: 61

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby say_oww » February 7th, 2017, 11:20 am

Fumble, shmumble.  If they just run it there, they burn clock and make the Pats drive the field.  The Falcons hit all their big pass plays on 1st and 2nd downs, and sucked on 3rd down.  For what they are paid and the time they put in they should have known this and played the situation.  Put this loss on Shanahan's play calls but ultimately its on Quinn.  Quinn was on the Seattle staff when Darrell Bevell called the Malcolm Butler INT rather than giving the ball to Beast Mode for the win.  He should have known better!  

theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1124
Joined: September 19th, 2003, 6:44 pm
Reputation: 48
Location: at the alley
Contact:

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby theoneandonly » February 7th, 2017, 11:44 am

The Patriots winning was absolute worst case scenario for Goodell and the NFL.

That picture you linked of Ryan shows absolutely nothing other than his arm is back with the ball... try again. 

I haven't seen or heard (live or since the game) one single analyst or NFL player or coach or Falcons player or coach or management question the fumble... you are literally the only person. That says something. You can watch it about 20 more times and you'll still be wrong. If they don't feel there is anything there to have a booth review they don't... again, all turnovers are reviewed. Put your tin foil hat back on and keep grasping.

So the refs might have missed a call... I'd bet they probably missed one that went in the Falcons favor as well. Whats your point? That refs are human and miss calls?

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3845
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 100
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby konjo78 » February 7th, 2017, 12:13 pm

Actually the comeback lead to a ratings success..... So yeah im sure the NFL was being all happy with what was turning into the 9th blowout in their postseason this year. Not like ratings were going downhill this hear at all.

Like i said you watch it, his arm does go forward. You also fail to comment on the obvious offensive PI call.

theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1124
Joined: September 19th, 2003, 6:44 pm
Reputation: 48
Location: at the alley
Contact:

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby theoneandonly » February 7th, 2017, 12:22 pm

I did comment on it... pay attention. I said the refs may have missed it.

They did not miss the fumble. It was a fumble. It was not incomplete. Matt Ryan says it was a fumble... that should be the end of the discussion. Stop reaching for something that doesn't exist.

Do you actually wear a tinfoil hat... there is no conspiracy. The Falcons pissed away a 25 point lead. They lost the game because they couldn't close the Pats out... it had 0 to do with the refs. Typical irrational and incredibly biased Steelers fan unable to see actual facts. You're a joke dude.

theoneandonly
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1124
Joined: September 19th, 2003, 6:44 pm
Reputation: 48
Location: at the alley
Contact:

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby theoneandonly » February 7th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Do a quick Google search of "Matt Ryan Super Bowl Fumble".... not one single site mentions anything about the call other than he did in fact fumble.

I guess Konjo is the only person out there to see it that way.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 703
Joined: August 25th, 2014, 12:12 am
Reputation: 117

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby CCDevil2012 » February 7th, 2017, 3:31 pm

konjo78 wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
konjo78 wrote:And the obvious offensive
PI on the 2nd 2pt conversion was again missed. Somehow defenders cant do anything to a wr but wrs can straight up push you when the pass is in the air!!!

Obvious? I think you need to check the rule book because pass interference cannot occur at or behind the line of scrimmage. That 2 pt conversion was thrown 2-3 yards BEHIND the line and the blockers were on the line.
That and I think pass interference is only on forward passes, which this was not

The link here is a snapshot of when the pass is in the air.... 1 you can easily tell its a forward pass!!! 2 you can easily see both wrs committing offensive pass interference on that side. Hate to see you dispute that
http://imgur.com/SzJKm27

Your picture completely proves my point! A forward pass in regards to pass interference is one that crosses the line of scrimmage. Your picture clearly shows the receiver standing 3 yards behind the blue line awaiting the pass. It's the same reason linemen aren't called for PI on linebackers on a traditional screen play. 
In fact I believe an offensive PI against the WR was reversed during the Steelers playoff game against the chiefs because the pass was thrown behind the line of scrimmage.
http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference
Straight from the NFL, read note 4

User avatar
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 2135
Joined: August 29th, 2009, 4:32 pm
Reputation: 550
Location: Mile 129

Re: Robert Kraft is awesome

Postby 12HankQB » February 7th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Mic Drop....or Gaga Drop whatever
If only closed minds came with closed mouths


Return to “College and Professional Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests