Pirates next 10 Games

The name says it all!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pirates next 10 Games

Postby knowitall » July 13th, 2017, 3:14 pm

dadw/2sons wrote:I wouldn't start him right away. I would stick with Jaso and Frazier against right handers and start him against lefties at first. If Frazier continues to struggle then give him his chance to earn his job back full time. I would stick with the guys who have been there fighting together the entire year.

Stick to coaching first base in little league.

• Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » July 13th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote: The White Sox have made three giant trades and went from one of the worst farm systems to arguably the best. So on their end, they've done really well. 

Had they not given Chris Sale to the Red Sox they may have won a few more games and been in contention for the AL Central title.  What exactly does having the best farm system mean?  Not much.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » July 13th, 2017, 3:42 pm

They are in last place, and they've had 4 straight losing seasons. Having Chris Sale hasn't gotten them much either.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » July 13th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Yeah....but Nutting bought Laurel Mtn. ski resort. And there's a new owner from Pittsburgh for Blue Knob. Wouldn't surprise if Nutting has his fingers in that too.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby dadw/2sons » July 13th, 2017, 11:24 pm

I don't coach first base in Little League. All I/m saying is that if a guy hasn't seen live MLB for 80 some days, is he the best option right away to start? I'm not talking about punishment, I'm saying is he still the same player he was before the suspension? If he is not, he shouldn't get his job back right away.

Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Wrasslerfan » July 14th, 2017, 1:01 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Cubs trade for Jose Quintana today.  Cubbies pitching has been bad this year with Lester, Arrieta, and Lackey all having disappointing seasons, and Hendricks battling an injury.   They gave up their top two prospects to get Quintana, who himself is having a shaky year after a really good 2016.   I still think they can win this division, and that should be a big help for them.  

The Pirates were linked to Quintana in the offseason, but never pulled the trigger. The White Sox have made three giant trades and went from one of the worst farm systems to arguably the best. So on their end, they've done really well. 

Still interested to see what the Pirates will do trade wise, the first 7 games starting tomorrow will determine that.  But should they trade Cole, which I don't think they will, this is the type of return they can expect. 

ok let me throw this out there do you think they could get a similar return IF They trade mccutchen
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » July 14th, 2017, 5:02 am

Starling Marte could have had a leg amputated and still be better than John Jaso and Adam Frazier.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » July 14th, 2017, 8:31 am

Marte has been playing in AAA. He's actually playing baseball, it's not like he's walking off the streets into the clubhouse and playing baseball for the first time since May. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » July 14th, 2017, 8:32 am

Wrasslerfan wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:Cubs trade for Jose Quintana today.  Cubbies pitching has been bad this year with Lester, Arrieta, and Lackey all having disappointing seasons, and Hendricks battling an injury.   They gave up their top two prospects to get Quintana, who himself is having a shaky year after a really good 2016.   I still think they can win this division, and that should be a big help for them.  

The Pirates were linked to Quintana in the offseason, but never pulled the trigger. The White Sox have made three giant trades and went from one of the worst farm systems to arguably the best. So on their end, they've done really well. 

Still interested to see what the Pirates will do trade wise, the first 7 games starting tomorrow will determine that.  But should they trade Cole, which I don't think they will, this is the type of return they can expect. 

ok let me throw this out there do you think they could get a similar return IF They trade mccutchen

I'm not sure, Quintana has 4 years of control, McCutchen only has a year and a half. I think that played a factor into Quintana's return. 

Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Wrasslerfan » July 14th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Agreed. Bastardo has  been released and its about time
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable

Return to “College and Professional Sports”