Konjos Top 10 College football rankings Week 11

The name says it all!
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Konjos Top 10 College football rankings Week 11

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 15th, 2017, 12:19 am

#5 Wisconsin only team in the top 10 that plays a ranked opponent this week. Top 4 better win convincingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You play to win the game!!!

• Advertisement
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » November 15th, 2017, 12:48 am

DragonsDoExist wrote:#5 Wisconsin only team in the top 10 that plays a ranked opponent this week. Top 4 better win convincingly.

Clemson's win wasn't very impressive versus florida state. Idk how much that truly matters to these people making the rankings. 

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 15th, 2017, 1:45 am

konjo78 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:#5 Wisconsin only team in the top 10 that plays a ranked opponent this week. Top 4 better win convincingly.

Clemson's win wasn't very impressive versus florida state. Idk how much that truly matters to these people making the rankings. 

Florida St. is one thing, the Citadel is another.

You play to win the game!!!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 15th, 2017, 8:42 am

At this point I think they also consider upcoming matchups when ranking, knowing that things will sort out. Oklahoma has been winning but they've also been giving up a lot of points, that and Clemson's only loss was without their QB in the second half. Would OU be winning without Mayfield? I doubt it. If Wisconsin wins out they will be in, there is no way a power 5 team who's undefeated gets left out and in this case the loser of the SEC title game is out because of the Georgia loss. At this point, I think the only conference that gets two teams is the ACC and that's only if Miami loses in a close one. UCF, no way they get in regardless if they're undefeated, if Iowa played their schedule they'd be undefeated too, would you out Iowa in top 10??? Let alone too 4. Any 2 loss team is out in my opinion. Too many undefeated teams and one loss teams who lost to a top team early in the season. What's interesting is we had this argument weeks ago but had PSU beat Mich. St. they'd be right there in the discussion with all these losses. So it wasnt as impossible as you made it seem.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » November 16th, 2017, 9:45 am

If UCF played a B1G, ACC, Big 12, or SEC schedule, they would have at least 3 losses. Probably more. Every year we get this group of 5 team that is undefeated late in the season and everyone falls in love with. Reality of the situation is they are probably about a 25th place team in the country. 

I’ve watched them 3 times and they aren’t that good. 

A major conference schedule is a grind. You are playing tough teams week after week. Look at NC State, they played ND, Clemson, Louisville, and Florida State in a 6 week stretch. Penn State played Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan State in a 5 week stretch. Michigan has Michigan State, Penn State, Wisconsin, and Ohio State all in the second half of the season.

My best guess is if #9 Ohio State played them next week at a neutral field, they would open at least as a 17 point favorite. 

Return to “College and Professional Sports”