Whos your 4 college football playoff teams?

The name says it all!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Whos your 4 college football playoff teams?

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » January 11th, 2018, 3:40 pm

It says no matter how good you are there is always someone behind you that is a 5* too. Especially at Bama

• Advertisement
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 11th, 2018, 4:59 pm

I almost wonder if Hurts had a concussion after his head slammed against the ground. I doubt Saban sits his starting QB unless he believes he's not 100% healthy. I'm sure Hurts said he was fine but his play says otherwise.

On a side note, it makes you wonder how many 2nd or 3rd stringers over the years would have been studs and went on to stellar pro careers but never got a chance because their coach thought someone else was better 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 11th, 2018, 5:34 pm

If Hurts was injured they probably would have said so.  Saban said the other kid gave them a better threat to pass. 
By saying the backup was the better passer sort of makes Hurts looks worse.  An injury would have helped his appearances.  

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 11th, 2018, 5:57 pm

If u realize at halftime that the other guy gives u a better chance to win the game then by all means u do exactly what Saban did. You owe it to the other 100+ kids and coaches to do what gives your team the best chance to win in the current situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 11th, 2018, 6:10 pm

I understand this, just makes no sense do to this last game of the year. It's not like they had been splitting time 

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 11th, 2018, 6:18 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:I understand this, just makes no sense do to this last game of the year. It's not like they had been splitting time 

Actually it makes a ton of sense, considering it won them a national championship. It was clearly the right move.

Colonel Mustard
Senior
Senior

Postby Colonel Mustard » January 11th, 2018, 8:14 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
On a side note, it makes you wonder how many 2nd or 3rd stringers over the years would have been studs and went on to stellar pro careers but never got a chance because their coach thought someone else was better 

Said every parent of a second or third stringer.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 11th, 2018, 9:34 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:I understand this, just makes no sense do to this last game of the year. It's not like they had been splitting time 

Actually it makes a ton of sense, considering it won them a national championship. It was clearly the right move.

Hindsight is 20/20, if Georgia doesn't get called offsides on a blocked punt in field goal range the game never goes to overtime and now people are arguing that Saban should have left Hurts in. That and we don't know if they would have won or lost without a QB change. 
But it's like Bill Belichick benching Tom Brady after a bad first half in the Super Bowl (cue last year). I just think there is more to the story than he just thought his 2 year 2 loss starter suddenly wasn't good enough. My 0.02

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » January 11th, 2018, 9:49 pm

I mean this is all pointless as alabama is not a conference champion or undefeated which by past FBS terms meant you couldnt be national champion!

Either way its all over and these are all just young men playing the game so lets just let it rest. Sabans the GOAT CFB coach but he couldnt cut it in the pros

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 11th, 2018, 9:56 pm

I'd say 3 for 8 passing, 21 yards, 4 first downs and a big fat 0 on the scoreboard was more than enough reason to make the switch. They knew they were gonna have to open up the offense if they were going to beat Georgia. Lot of credit to Saban for having the stones to make the change.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”