Steelers are 10-2, thoughts?

The name says it all!
FunFacts
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Steelers are 10-2, thoughts?

Postby FunFacts » December 5th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Steelers problem right now is no Shazier and no Haden. Always tough to beat the Patriots let alone without 2 of your top defensive guys.

• Advertisement
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 5th, 2017, 1:43 pm

Agree on shazier 100% ERAChamp.

I almost turned the game off last night because commentators, Gruden especially. The amount of praising he gave to Burfict as someone he would love watch each week was okay until Juju's block on burfict. Gruden just said he was disgusted and hated what Juju did, but thats something burfict himself does almost every week. How can you be disgusted at 1 player but the player who does that the most you say you wish you could watch him every week?

Second Juju's block was a clean, solid block in my opinion. The taunting was not needed and deserved the penalty but the more I see the block the cleaner it looks.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » December 5th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I do think it was an illegal block thanks in part to Hines Ward as he hit Burfict's chin with crown of helmet. But I agree with Gruden comment completely. At one point he said "Burfict is just playing in the wrong era of football and if he played decades ago fans would love him". Then Burfict is hit with a block no worse than his hit on Brown 2 years ago and Gruden calls it dirty

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » December 5th, 2017, 5:55 pm

I just don't get how the block by JuJu can warrant the same suspension as that garbage Gronk pulled on Sunday n

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 5th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Gronk deserved a 4 game suspension... Its 1 thing for a targeting call before or right when the whistle happens but after the play?

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » December 5th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Agreed, heck, Talib and Crabtree only ended up with a 1 game suspension for first fighting. But Gronk body slamming someone after the play and an iffy blindside block shouldn't warrant the same suspension. 

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 5th, 2017, 7:53 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fUji0jTAE This is one of my favorite channels to look for each week. Stupid, yes but hits that western pa vibe well

Ballislyfe
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Ballislyfe » December 5th, 2017, 9:40 pm

I agree the dbacks need to step it up. And the steeler are def flying under the radar for a top seed. But 10-2 is an excellent record. And really should b 11-1. The regular season is what it is. Some wins more impressive than others, and one of the losses was totally uncalled for. Bears didn’t have a wr doing anything that game, but the bears still threw all over them. And that’s the bears. Cmon. Boswell saves a couple games himself. If Ben plays like the Ben of old, we should see an afc championship game vs pats. That’ll b tough. I honestly feel the Steelers have a better team overall. But Tom Brady makes everyone around him better. I like the steeler offense more when bell gets mixed in a lot. Keeps the defense honest. Bryant looks like he might b the answer on returns, which the other guys were about the worst in the nfl. Losing Haden is a bummer. And really will hurt come playoffs. If Shazier is done the road ahead is a lot more difficult.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » December 6th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Jujus suspension is UPHELD but the bengals safety who hit Brown on the TD is reduced to just a fine....

WHAT THE HELL NFL!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!

BlueYonder
Junior
Junior

Postby BlueYonder » December 6th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Here are my thoughts on the hits and the NFL punishments.

Gronk's hit was not football.  It was well after the play, the Bill was on the ground, out of bounds, and he thought the play was well over, and Gronk just got frustatated and elbowed him in the back of the head.  Those types of plays warrant suspension because it is not part of the football play - and it is potentially just as dangerous.

The hit by Juju - was what everybody up until about five years ago, would call a great block.  But times have changed and now that warrants a penalty because he lined up Burfict and Burfict did not have a chance to defend himself.  There is a new rule in HS this year where that play would require the blocker to hit with his hands out so that his shoulder does not hit first.  The actual problem with Juju is that he stood over Burfict.  I think that is why he got suspended.  The NFL has never ever suspended anybody for just taunting, and Troy Vincent of the NFL said that the taunting had nothing to do with it.  They however cannot justify his suspension on the hit alone when they allow the hit by the cincy DB and when they allowed a similar hit by Julio Jones - and I could go on.  I don't agree that hits - which are legitimate parts of the football game, deserve a suspension because that craps happens all of the time - most by accident.  EG - TJ Watt's hit on Brett Hundley.  I am fine with penalties and fines for helmet to helmet hits on QBs in the pocket and defenseless receivers - but not suspensions.

I actually think that the fact that Burfict was the victim weighed into the NFL decision similar to a baseball pitcher beaning another pitcher gets him tossed.  They presume intent.

Another interesting tidbit is the guy who heard Juju's suspension appeal was not the same guy who heard the cincy DB's suspension appeal which got overturned.  Why?

The NFL policy for this is completely inconsistent and arbitrary.  It cannot be justified in any way.  Then Goodell gets a 200 Million dollar extension today.  That's eight zeros.

One more thing because it was brought up.  I have no use for Gruden.  He is the highest paid analyst, and yet he sounded like an idiot the other night.  Not only was he continuously praising Burfict (who by the way should not be allowed to play football), but he actually sounded like he was impaired.  He was continuously making mistakes throughout the game.

Juju made a mistake.
Goodell is a mistake.
Gronk should be suspended for more games than Juju.
Burfict should not be in the league. 

Return to “College and Professional Sports”