Steelers vs. Patriots

The name says it all!
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Steelers vs. Patriots

Postby deepcreek » December 18th, 2017, 8:14 am

The rule is dumb.   If he had caught it at the three and established himself as a runner breaking the plane was enough.  But he clearly caught it and was reaching to break the plane.  In any other league in the world that is a TD.   As a casual fan it drives me nuts.   

• Advertisement
Earl34
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Earl34 » December 18th, 2017, 8:30 am

Don't mean to be a jerk, but gotta be honest...not much better than outraged Steeler fans.

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby abpk2903 » December 18th, 2017, 8:43 am

Not be a jerk but every town has a few of those miserable people that cheers only cheers against the hometown team because he likes to see everyone else miserable.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » December 18th, 2017, 9:02 am

abpk2903 wrote:Not be a jerk but every town has a few of those miserable people that cheers only cheers against the hometown team because he likes to see everyone else miserable.

and these people are usually....Yankees, Patriots, Cowboys, Ohio State, Duke, (whichever team Lebron is on at the time), Capitals...I can go on. Band Wagon jumpers who do it just to make other miserable.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

Earl34
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Earl34 » December 18th, 2017, 10:23 am

I am only miserable because my Oilers couldn't beat your Steelers back in the seventies! Lol!

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » December 18th, 2017, 10:35 am

Earl34 wrote:I am only miserable because my Oilers couldn't beat your Steelers back in the seventies! Lol!

Okay, you're good then lol. Though I still never understood all the Oilers and Raiders fans locally from back in the day (70's)

Ballislyfe
Junior
Junior

Postby Ballislyfe » December 18th, 2017, 10:36 am

d6footballfan wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:I think the rule is just wrong. Has the ball, knee is down, crosses the plane. He has clear possession and the clear turn to reach for the end zone is a football move. Rewrite the rule

As much as I agree, as a Steeler fan this "rule" or type of play is flawed. But they did rewrite the rule for this season and took out the "football move" aspect, meaning that you're either an established runner or going to the ground. He hadn't established himself as a runner so he has to complete the catch to the ground by rule, which sucks. They most likely changed the rule to avoid the arguing of what is a football move and what isn't, but it clearly hasn't made anything easier.

The only thing worse than a bad call is when you hear or read supposed supporters taking the moral high ground and issuing justification responses supporting a bad call.  Football plays are made very week breaking the touchdown plane, and then even being batted out of possession are upheld as a touchdown all of the time!  This one instance however it was the Patriots, who get these kinds of calls all of the time.  Ask the Oakland Raiders what they think of bad calls against the Patriots;  remember when Brady's arm was ruled "going forward" and it wasn't a fumble?    Officials should not be determining outcomes of games, especially ones of this magnitude.    ICYMI, take anther look at that holding call a few series earlier against Pitt.  That call also cost Pitt dearly and occurred at a very critical moment when Pitt was on the move to put the game out of reach.    Not one holding call though called against New England however the entire game, just because they are just so good at blocking for Brady that they just dont commit any holds.   Really???

I agree on the penalties.  I saw multiple holds and pass interferences. But no calls. They must b that disciplined

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » December 18th, 2017, 10:52 am

I'd like to know over Tom's career, how many controversial or bogus calls have gone for the Patriots and how many against. I would assume it's a landslide in one direction.

letsgo
Junior
Junior

Postby letsgo » December 18th, 2017, 11:19 am

All Davis had to do was catch the ball and the last 2 minutes are irrelevant! The Steelers literally had the game right in there hands and let it slip away.

Justafanwholovessports
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Justafanwholovessports » December 18th, 2017, 11:41 am

Earlier in the game, #47 had the kind of hold that the Steelers had there at the end, Mitchell was trapped by the facemask, hands to face no call, new England 2 for 4 yards, Steelers 6 for 64, 1 offensive pass interference,  who is one of the leading players in that category, gronk, yet no call against him, Shuster gets a one game suspension for a football play within the whistle,  brink get same penalty for a vicious pre meditated attack on a player after whistle, why, so he was in this game, I'm done watching NFL.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”