UCF

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: UCF

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 4th, 2018, 11:46 am

Yeah that's not so simple, because UCF wouldn't have necessarily been in the top 8 either.

• Advertisement
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » January 4th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Ya,IMO UCF doesn’t get in even if there is 8 teams. The people who selected the teams say they are ranked appropriately.....12th

woninthetrenches
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby woninthetrenches » January 4th, 2018, 2:28 pm

I love it! They should claim they are the champion. Why not? They have nothing to lose by doing so, it will only increase the attention the school gets. They might get a few players out of it. Lets say in 2 years they are in a similar situation, don't you think that it might make the 13 whom decide their fate think twice about keeping them out of the 4. This is a no lose situation for UCF.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 4th, 2018, 3:23 pm

woninthetrenches wrote:I love it! They should claim they are the champion. Why not? They have nothing to lose by doing so, it will only increase the attention the school gets. They might get a few players out of it. Lets say in 2 years they are in a similar situation, don't you think that it might make the 13 whom decide their fate think twice about keeping them out of the 4. This is a no lose situation for UCF.

I don't think they would get in next year if they were undefeated. They will never get put ahead of a 1 loss P5 team by the committee in a 4 team setup 

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » January 4th, 2018, 3:27 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
woninthetrenches wrote:I love it! They should claim they are the champion. Why not? They have nothing to lose by doing so, it will only increase the attention the school gets. They might get a few players out of it. Lets say in 2 years they are in a similar situation, don't you think that it might make the 13 whom decide their fate think twice about keeping them out of the 4. This is a no lose situation for UCF.

I don't think they would get in next year if they were undefeated. They will never get put ahead of a 1 loss P5 team by the committee in a 4 team setup 

And this is 100% The problem. Its called the FBS not the Power 5 division. 

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » January 4th, 2018, 3:37 pm

Even in basketball where they select 68 teams mid-majors with 28 wins don’t get in unless they win their conference. I know there are more teams in D1 basketball, but they favor the big conferences. As they should since they are the schools making the NCAA all the money.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » January 4th, 2018, 4:29 pm

Don't look for the playoff to expand any time soon. This is year 4 of a 12 year contract and the conference commissioners who put together the current system see no change in site according to an AP article today. Even the B1G and Pac12 conferences who were left out this year see no need for change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

Return to “College and Professional Sports”