Pirates 2018

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Pirates 2018

Postby konjo78 » January 10th, 2018, 2:22 pm

The problem is Crimson you are believing this orginization will ever seriously pursue being a top team... Everyone else here knows thats not true and is tired of being fed the garbage the team isnt good enough so they need to rebuild.

This is the most talented roster theyve had these past 5 years. Fans dont want to throw it all away just to rebuild again they want to have the org make 1 actual push for a title.

• Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 10th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Yep.  Brandon Moss, Craig Hansen, Bryan Morris and Andy LaRoche.  Bring them on.  Major league teams rarely trade prospects they think have a chance to be good major leaguers.  After the Dickey for Syndergaard trade, real teams are even more cautious.  I'll keep Cole for two more seasons and hope for the best.  I'm tired of being a farm team for real teams.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 10th, 2018, 2:29 pm

I haven't gotten the sense the Pirates have been a farm team for other teams since Littlefield left personally. They've kept most of their players, and in some cases, have probably kept some guys around too long.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 10th, 2018, 2:34 pm

konjo78 wrote:The problem is Crimson you are believing this orginization will ever seriously pursue being a top team... Everyone else here knows thats not true and is tired of being fed the garbage the team isnt good enough so they need to rebuild.

This is the most talented roster theyve had these past 5 years. Fans dont want to throw it all away just to rebuild again they want to have the org make 1 actual push for a title.

I'm the one that thinks they will pursue being a top team?  knowitall and Hank are saying sign Mike Moustakas and an ace pitcher for next year.
I'm the one that KNOWS that will never happen. So I don't think you are reading things correctly.  I know the team as it is currently configured can't win next season. I feel like I'm the only one being realistic about that. 

The only way thisfranchise can win with zero salary cap and this ownership group is with good young talent. They aren't going to sign good free agents.  I'm very well aware of this fact.  So rather than praying this year's team will just get better, I'd rather them get some talent for the assets they have to help some of the young guys they have. 

And this is NOT the most talented roster in the past 5 years.  It's probably the least talented one. 

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » January 10th, 2018, 2:38 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
konjo78 wrote:The problem is Crimson you are believing this orginization will ever seriously pursue being a top team... Everyone else here knows thats not true and is tired of being fed the garbage the team isnt good enough so they need to rebuild.

I'm the one that thinks they will pursue being a top team?  knowitall and Hank are saying sign Mike Moustakas and an ace pitcher for next year.
I'm the one that KNOWS that will never happen. So I don't think you are reading things correctly.  I know the team as it is currently configured can't win next season. I feel like I'm the only one being realistic about that. 

The only way thisfranchise can win with zero salary cap and this ownership group is with good young talent. They aren't going to sign good free agents.  I'm very well aware of this fact.  So rather than praying this year's team will just get better, I'd rather them get some talent for the assets they have to help some of the young guys they have. 

And this is NOT the most talented roster in the past 5 years.  It's probably the least talented one. 

You got me all wrong...I want to burn the field and sell the team. I'm past trades....
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 10th, 2018, 2:38 pm

No team is going to win with just good, young talent.  That ship has sailed.  Much like Moneyball.  There are, after all 29 others teams in baseball. 

The Pirates can certainly sign Mike Moustakas.  They can also trade some of their suspects for a pitcher. 

You're starstruck by other team's suspects.  I have seen Neal Huntington's body of work.  He should have been fired in 2016 when he gave Neil Walker, Pedro Alvarez and Francisco Liriano away. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 10th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Pedro Alvarez who spent most of the year in the minors? And Liriano who is now a relief pitcher?

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 10th, 2018, 2:41 pm

They aren't getting talent for their assets.  they would get Jeff Karstens, Daniel McCutchen and Jerry Sands.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 10th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Huntington isn't the problem.  His boss is.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 10th, 2018, 2:42 pm

Yep and Bad Deal Neal threw in two prospects to get rid of Liriano.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”