Bell is at it again

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Bell is at it again

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 25th, 2018, 12:41 am

Barkley was a nice college player, it doesn't mean he'll be as good as Bell next year. Either way, that's literally never going to happen anyway.

Steelers window with Roethlisberger is getting down to another year or two. Pay Bell now, go for it all the next two years.

• Advertisement
EaglealumsGhost
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EaglealumsGhost » January 25th, 2018, 10:27 am

I may be wrong, it’s happened before... but after listening to what’s come out of his mouth last couple years, I believe they won’t see a Super Bowl with Bell. I don’t believe he’s a team first guy . And if your stars aren’t, you have little chance of getting to the top of the mountain.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 25th, 2018, 10:59 am

Super Bowls aren't won or lost by what comes out of running backs' mouths.

EaglealumsGhost
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EaglealumsGhost » January 25th, 2018, 11:10 am

No , but guys they depend on have to want to play with block for and battle beside.... like I said, it’s my opinion, doesn’t have to be yours

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 25th, 2018, 11:35 am

Yeah, literally every team in the league has outspoken/non-team first guys. It very rarely has anything to do with outcomes of games and seasons. And it's probably overplayed in the media about Bell, I'm sure his teammates don't hate him or anything.

Bell delivered all season. He's the most complete and best RB in the league. There was a few year stretch where the position got devalued, but it's taking a turn back to being a big position. Fournette and McCaffrey were top 10 picks last year, Barkley will be a top 10 pick this year. Getting elite talent at the position is becoming a priority again. So having said that, letting Bell walk wouldn't help the team. Distraction or not, he's an elite player.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 25th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Too often we compare professional sports to amateur sports.  You cannot run a pro team like you can a little league team. 

EaglealumsGhost
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EaglealumsGhost » January 25th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Tell the hoodie that. I never said he wasn’t the best rb in the league.... but time after time you see the superstar leave a team and said team does better the next year. If they slap the tag on him you can trade him for a need position and a draft pick . Reallocate that money to the defense and watch the garden grow. Like I said , my opinion and it won’t change

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » January 25th, 2018, 2:19 pm

The hoodie knows talent wins. That's why he signs guys that were distractions other places. Guys with criminal pasts, suspensions, all that really. He doesn't care. He knows a good player is a good player, he's not worried about some media created distractions.

If the Pats had the cap space, they'd sign Bell and he'd rush for 200 yards against the Steelers the very next year. But the Steelers would be rid of that distraction at least.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » January 25th, 2018, 4:06 pm

we have no idea how the hoodie runs his team.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » January 25th, 2018, 5:33 pm

Marshawn Lynch was a pretty big distraction 2 years ago and the only reason his team didn't win the big show was because they didn't give him the ball. Bell may talk about his contract but I've never gotten the impression that he isn't a team player. He seems to have good relationships with his teammates, especially his linemen as he bought them all gifts. So to think they wouldn't block as hard for him is crazy

Return to “College and Professional Sports”