College Hoops

The name says it all!
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: College Hoops

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 25th, 2018, 1:04 pm

El-Moldo wrote:Wonder if the AP covered PSU's upset loss Wednesday to Bradley University? Couldn't seem to find any article about it in the Tribune on Thursday, Friday OR Saturday. Couldn't even find the score. Could it be that the Tribune decided not to put it in the sports page? Selective journalism perhaps? Surely someone from the AP covered the game. Why ignore it in the local paper? Maybe they only print positive stories about PSU.

Nah, that doesn't happen. I worked there. Here is the AP article on the PSU loss to Bradley......on the TribDem website. 

https://www.tribdem.com/sports/bradley- ... 364c6.html

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 25th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Manfred wrote:The Trib.  Comedy at its finest.  Does anybody read anymore?  Today's sports page full-page color Steeler had #7 Ben Roethlisberger.  Then at the lower right of the page, info listed him as C/G 6'3", 315#.  Duh?

Apparently you do. 

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » November 25th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Who reads the Tribune WEBSITE???? Was it in the NEWSPAPER that people get delivered to their house or buy on the street?

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 25th, 2018, 2:50 pm

El-Moldo wrote:Who reads the Tribune WEBSITE???? Was it in the NEWSPAPER that people get delivered to their house or buy on the street?

The Penn State game ended after the press started I would imagine. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 25th, 2018, 2:54 pm

But I don't read the physical paper all that much, I follow the Tribune Democrat on Facebook and typically see local news that way. So I probably click on the website more than I pick up the paper.

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » November 25th, 2018, 3:21 pm

So, Crimson, what you are saying is:
…1) There was an AP article about the Bradley loss
...2) The Tribune had it in their possession
...3) They put it on their computer website
...4) but they CHOSE not to run the article in the physical paper on any of the 3 days following. So I guess the Tribune can delete ANY sports article or refuse to print any article they wish. Sounds like selective journalism to me. Thanks for proving my point.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » November 25th, 2018, 3:26 pm

You know the quote from forrest gump, "Stupid is as stupid does"

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 25th, 2018, 3:32 pm

El-Moldo wrote:So, Crimson, what you are saying is:
…1) There was an AP article about the Bradley loss
...2) The Tribune had it in their possession
...3) They put it on their computer website
...4) but they CHOSE not to run the article in the physical paper on any of the 3 days following. So I guess the Tribune can delete ANY sports article or refuse to print any article they wish. Sounds like selective journalism to me. Thanks for proving my point.

1. Correct, the game ended late so the article likely came in late. 
2. Since the game ended late, it wasn't available to be put into the paper for the press start 
3. Correct, it's on the "computer website" since it didn't make it into the paper due to the late ending to the game. 
4. They didn't put it in a day late because it was already online.  (It's 2018, almost 2019 if you didn't hear)

I didn't know you had a point, so I'm quite certain I didn't prove anything. You said the Tribune didn't acknowledge the Penn State loss...they did. I posted a link above to their website. So as always, it was a pleasure doing business with you. 

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » November 25th, 2018, 5:53 pm

konjo gets his jollies tossing out those -3's. Like it means -more- than if he posts a -1.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » November 25th, 2018, 6:57 pm

The game started at 8:30 Wednesday night. I watched a lot of it. The DePaul game, which PSU lost the week before in Illinois, started at 9PM. The story of THAT game made the paper the very next day. Nice try, Crimson, but your theory doesn't wash. They CHOSE to leave it out.

Return to “College and Professional Sports”