PSACs

The name says it all!
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PSACs

Postby dadw/2sons » May 11th, 2018, 10:51 pm

How is Shippensburg, my alma mater doing?

• Advertisement
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » May 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Just knocked out Mercyhurst to make the final four.
Millersville-Bloomsburg 9:30 tomorrow
Shippensburg-Seton Hill to follow

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » May 11th, 2018, 11:23 pm

Today and tomorrow are graduation days for the PSAC schools. Are senior ball players skipping their ceremonies?

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » May 12th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Seton Hill to face Millersville for the championship at 8:00 tonight.  Weather permitting.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » May 12th, 2018, 4:50 pm

kmr wrote:I really have no idea why the PSAC would have this tournament in Johnstown.  Not to many locals want to go to Johnstown anymore for anything.  Altoona would've been a better location. 

Johnstown is a great location for it. The Point Stadium can hold games all day. Doesn't surprise me they keep coming back here. No matter where the tournament is, it's not going to draw big crowds.  So might as well go to a  stadium that's available and can host games all day.  

It can rain for 3 days straight, and the field can be ready in a half hour.  

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » May 12th, 2018, 4:54 pm

Colonel Mustard wrote:What initial comparison??? I made two separate unrelated posts about the admission price and that the private PSACs may have a financial advantage over the State schools. Sorry if that was misleading, I'm just getting by with a public school education over here.

Yeah I still don't know what you were getting at in the first place, my Catholic school education must not be its all cracked up to be. 

"Catholic schools have more money, and we all know money talks in sports."

I guess I just don't know what that means when talking about $15 admission to the game, maybe I'm missing something. 

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting.  I read it as "Oh there's three Catholic schools in the tournament, I guess we can jack up the ticket prices" which doesn't make sense to me because if IUP, UPJ, and Cal replaced those three schools the tickets would still be $15. 

Colonel Mustard
Senior
Senior

Postby Colonel Mustard » May 12th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Two random thoughts. Privates may have some advantage since a lot of the state schools are struggling, maybe not, who knows. And $15 to get in is ridiculous. I heard it was only $6 to watch the NEC tourney.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » May 12th, 2018, 6:42 pm

I’m not sure one way or the other.  knowitall said earlier in the post that the private schools are likely struggling. So I’m not sure which notion is correct. 

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » May 12th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Most PA colleges are struggling as the population of school age children has dropped.

Schools like Gannon and Seton Hill have high tuition costs and older facilities.  

Schools like IUP and Cal U have three to four times the students and less than half the tuition.  However, those schools have plenty of room for more students.  That leads them to admit students who probably have no business being in college.  These state schools have gone on building sprees recently, modernizing their dorms and recreational facilities.  That means they have a lot of debt that needs to be repaid.

Schools like Clarion, Edinboro, Mansfield and Lock Haven are in the middle of nowhere and have been impacted big time by the lack of applicants and the amount of debt they incurred trying to compete.

Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Blueandwhitefan » May 12th, 2018, 8:17 pm

knowitall wrote:Most PA colleges are struggling as the population of school age children has dropped.

Schools like Gannon and Seton Hill have high tuition costs and older facilities.  

Schools like IUP and Cal U have three to four times the students and less than half the tuition.  However, those schools have plenty of room for more students.  That leads them to admit students who probably have no business being in college.  These state schools have gone on building sprees recently, modernizing their dorms and recreational facilities.  That means they have a lot of debt that needs to be repaid.

Schools like Clarion, Edinboro, Mansfield and Lock Haven are in the middle of nowhere and have been impacted big time by the lack of applicants and the amount of debt they incurred trying to compete.

Not sure about the other schools, but Cal u. Is small. My son just finished his junior year there. It has a little over 7000 students. About half the number at IUP.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!

Return to “College and Professional Sports”