Steelers Defensive woes continue

The name says it all!
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3949
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 124
Location: tri cities, Washington

Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby konjo78 » September 16th, 2018, 4:29 pm

That game almost felt like Jacksonville playoff game all over again.



This secondary/defense is just straight up embarassing. Hopefully bell keeps sitting out so maybe the steelers can try and get someone to help out. Shazier's injury hurts more than most out there would admit



  • Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 9712
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 750

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby Crimson's Ghost » September 16th, 2018, 4:46 pm

Good thing they paid Chris Boswell and not Le’veon Bell. With that defense as bad as it is they basically need to score at will, they could use another weapon out there. 

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3949
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 124
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby konjo78 » September 16th, 2018, 5:07 pm

When a team scored 37 points and lose its not the offense's fault.

You also dont use money to try and boost an offense? Crimson you sound pretty darn illogical right now. Add another weapon???

And for bell, he was still offered the best RB contract in the NFL. Connor has more yards and TDs in these 2 games than bell had last year for the first two weeks.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 2093
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 305
Contact:

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby knowitall » September 16th, 2018, 5:08 pm

They haven’t won yet without LeVeon Bell

User avatar
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 637
Joined: August 20th, 2014, 8:02 pm
Reputation: 57
Location: Portage, PA

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby PortagePride » September 16th, 2018, 9:03 pm

knowitall wrote:They haven’t won yet without LeVeon Bell

They haven't won an AFC or Super Bowl title WITH Lev Bell either.

User avatar
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 525
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 1:19 pm
Reputation: 90

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby Aiks19 » September 17th, 2018, 7:01 am

First game Connor had 190 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Second game defense allowed 42 points. People that are saying That they need to have signed Bell aren't watching. I wish they would have let Bell walk and use that money on defense.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 9712
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 750

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby Crimson's Ghost » September 17th, 2018, 8:25 am

PortagePride wrote:
knowitall wrote:They haven’t won yet without LeVeon Bell

They haven't won an AFC or Super Bowl title WITH Lev Bell either.

Or the whole roster aside from Roethlisberger. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 9712
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 750

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby Crimson's Ghost » September 17th, 2018, 8:25 am

Aiks19 wrote:First game Connor had 190 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Second game defense allowed 42 points. People that are saying That they need to have signed Bell aren't watching. I wish they would have let Bell walk and use that money on defense.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 9712
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 750

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby Crimson's Ghost » September 17th, 2018, 8:27 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:First game Connor had 190 total yards and 2 touchdowns. Second game defense allowed 42 points. People that are saying That they need to have signed Bell aren't watching. I wish they would have let Bell walk and use that money on defense.


They seem disorganized on defense anyway. I think they have some talent but the coaching is very poor. So as long as the defense is that bad, they need to score 40+ points a game. Might as well have all your best offensive players to make that happen. 

abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 3434
Joined: December 7th, 2004, 2:36 pm
Reputation: 149
Contact:

Re: Steelers Defensive woes continue

Postby abpk2903 » September 17th, 2018, 9:43 am

Honestly, the thing that frustrates me is how practice is kind of an afterthought for so many on this roster.  Roethlisberger rode around in a golf cart in camp and I don’t think has fully participated in a Wednesday or Thursday practice in 5 years. Antonio Brown went missing for a week during summer camps because of “girlfriend issues”, Le’Veon Bell didn’t show up all of last summer or through 2 weeks this year. Pouncey, Haden, DeCastro, and Heyward have all been very limited through camp and first 2 weeks.

You know the Steelers defense got shredded yesterday but week 1 was entirely on the offense. Turned the ball over 5 times and scored 17 points in 5 quarters against the Browns.

I honestly think the practice for my beer league softball team is more required and structured than it is for the Pittsburgh Steelers. 


Return to “College and Professional Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests