McCort 42-0
Berlin 24-0
Juniata 35-13

Capnweird
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Saturday Scoreboard 11/4

Postby Capnweird » November 4th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Not sure why all the hate on the ICC, but it is a small school conference. Their Single A teams are doing well this weekend with two wins in two games last night. The problem the AA schools face is that all they do all season is play A schools, and do not get the competition that they might need to succeed in the AA playoffs. You are seeing tonight the iron sharpening iron idea coming out of the AA playoffs as the two teams that played schedules with bigger teams on them are dominating as I think most of us expected them to do.

Don't forget the kids on the fields, and for the most part the coaches on the sidelines have no choice what conference they play in. 

EnzoLigoniere
Junior
Junior

Postby EnzoLigoniere » November 4th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Capnweird wrote:Not sure why all the hate on the ICC, but it is a small school conference. Their Single A teams are doing well this weekend with two wins in two games last night. The problem the AA schools face is that all they do all season is play A schools, and do not get the competition that they might need to succeed in the AA playoffs. You are seeing tonight the iron sharpening iron idea coming out of the AA playoffs as the two teams that played schedules with bigger teams on them are dominating as I think most of us expected them to do.

Don't forget the kids on the fields, and for the most part the coaches on the sidelines have no choice what conference they play in. 

The "hate" on the ICC is that it is bad football.  Westmont is nothing special, it just came down to their kids wanted it more.   But that is fine for Hayes to cry about officiating in the Mirror.  Maybe super coach should have spent some time game planning for the double wing.  

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 4th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Juniata 41
BEA 19
Final

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

goldendevil
Freshman
Freshman

Postby goldendevil » November 4th, 2017, 10:14 pm

Normally just a reader but I have to respond to this stupid post.   In reference to the post by EnzoLigonlere about the Westmont
Bellwood game Friday evening and the comment made by John Hayes and the penalties thrown in.   If you were sitting in the
stands Sir Enzo you would have seen they were real honest to goodness penalties and the coaching staff on the Bellwood side
had no arguments.   Facemasks, personal fouls, illegal procedures.   I'm sure this was just a comment from a dejected coach
who wanted his team to advance another week.   Westmont played very well the entire game and didn't make the costly mistakes.
Both teams were well coached and it was an exciting game.   Sorry you missed it.

Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Husker33 » November 4th, 2017, 10:37 pm

From what I understood Mt. Union is missing several lineman due to injury and Southern Huntingdon doesn't have their top RB due to broken foot. Not that any of those things would have changed the outcome of those games but it can mess with the confidence of those teams going into a game. One bad thing happens with your best players on the field, teams can weather it but when your top guys aren't out there it can have a snowball effect on a team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi

EnzoLigoniere
Junior
Junior

Postby EnzoLigoniere » November 4th, 2017, 11:29 pm

Husker33 wrote:From what I understood Mt. Union is missing several lineman due to injury and Southern Huntingdon doesn't have their top RB due to broken foot.   Not that any of those things would have changed the outcome of those games but it can mess with the confidence of those teams going into a game.  One bad thing happens with your best players on the field, teams can weather it but when your top guys aren't out there it can have a snowball effect on a team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What team does not have injuries at this point?  LV missing 2 lineman and starting CB/WR.  Still going to win AA , oh and they play alot of A teams too.  

Return to “Football”