Saturday Scoreboard 11/4

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Saturday Scoreboard 11/4

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 5th, 2017, 11:13 am

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Respect the CH, great win.  They have a solid program.  But again will have no answer for LV speed.  Didn't we have this discussion last year?

Yea, because if it's one thing Johnstown doesn't have, it's speed. 

• Advertisement
EnzoLigoniere
Junior
Junior

Postby EnzoLigoniere » November 5th, 2017, 2:05 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:Respect the CH, great win.  They have a solid program.  But again will have no answer for LV speed.  Didn't we have this discussion last year?

Yea, because if it's one thing Johnstown doesn't have, it's speed. 

Remember Johnstown already had 2 seed locked in , no real motivation for them to do anything against Heights.  Pennas teams seem to play when they want to.

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » November 5th, 2017, 2:13 pm

Man it would be so sweet to see heights beat LV now...

stangin80
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby stangin80 » November 5th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Johnstown definitely showed up to win the game.. CH just took it to them that particular night.
Both LV and CH are really good.. And should be an exciting game for both of the teams and fans..

HelmetCleats
Freshman
Freshman

Postby HelmetCleats » November 5th, 2017, 9:29 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:Injuries yes, key injuries? Debateable. Some players are replaceable, others are not. And to say that it will not make a difference is just arrogant.

At this point in the season if any starter gets injured I would consider that to be a key injury. Some teams are very thin at some positions on the depth chart making it hard to replace. Not to mention experience at the position. 

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » November 6th, 2017, 9:29 am

HelmetCleats wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:Injuries yes, key injuries? Debateable. Some players are replaceable, others are not. And to say that it will not make a difference is just arrogant.

At this point in the season if any starter gets injured I would consider that to be a key injury. Some teams are very thin at some positions on the depth chart making it hard to replace. Not to mention experience at the position. 

You mean a 6'3" receiver who is getting looks is as easy to replace as a lineman or corner? 

Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Crushersports » November 7th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Husker33 wrote:From what I understood Mt. Union is missing several lineman due to injury and Southern Huntingdon doesn't have their top RB due to broken foot.   Not that any of those things would have changed the outcome of those games but it can mess with the confidence of those teams going into a game.  One bad thing happens with your best players on the field, teams can weather it but when your top guys aren't out there it can have a snowball effect on a team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

McCort was also missing TE/DE Zack Goins and DT/ATH Josiah Jones and still scored 42 points. No teams are 100% this time of year.
Losing Beitel, Niederheiser and Petros is one thing but if it is Tutino or Daugherty it's not next man up. You don't replace guys like them...period. you sound like you've read too many Roger Beitel press clippings.
Did you see his classy quote today in the Trib...He had to make sure he stated that West Shamokin scored twice against his reserves.

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » November 8th, 2017, 8:48 am

I mentioned the same several days ago.  I'm sure we weren't the only 2 people who thought the exact same thing.  Except I wasn't the one quoted by the TD.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

Return to “Football”