Playoff Projections

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sasquatch260
Senior
Senior

Re: Playoff Projections

Postby sasquatch260 » October 27th, 2018, 8:31 am

DragonsDoExist wrote:Thanks to the Heritage dominance over the WestPac Marion Center was able to go from outside looking in to clinching a spot without even taking the field Friday night. Unfortunately for them the reward is likely a rematch with LV.

Also a win Saturday night by Purchase Line would put them in a tie with Blacklick Valley for the 12th and final spot in 1A. PL would get the spot based on record vs common opponents by virtue of their win over Saltsburg last week.Who will MC play

Will MC play LV even if MC loses to CV today?

• Advertisement
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 27th, 2018, 8:34 am

sasquatch260 wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Thanks to the Heritage dominance over the WestPac Marion Center was able to go from outside looking in to clinching a spot without even taking the field Friday night. Unfortunately for them the reward is likely a rematch with LV.

Also a win Saturday night by Purchase Line would put them in a tie with Blacklick Valley for the 12th and final spot in 1A. PL would get the spot based on record vs common opponents by virtue of their win over Saltsburg last week.Who will MC play

Will MC play LV even if MC loses to CV today?

Not necessarily. They would be 10 points behind West Branch at that pint but a PL win would give them the 10 points to force a tiebreaker situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 27th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Well the 3 games tonight went as predicted. Final standings should be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » October 27th, 2018, 9:59 pm

But the games were all fixed by the stripes. It's what they do. lgb87 sez so.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

wagonrider242
Freshman
Freshman

Re: RE: Re: Playoff Projections

Postby wagonrider242 » October 27th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Manfred wrote:But the games were all fixed by the stripes. It's what they do. lgb87 sez so.
The man is entitled to an opinion. I personally witnessed some of the most horrific officiating in the Somerset Westmont game. Blatant penalties for Westmont let go and ghost penalties called on Somerset. I won't come on and complain about the refs. But I will say that player safety was not in the interest of the crew. Somerset had 2 players change jerseys at half because of the ripped jersey they suffered from the holding penalties that were not called.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

wagonrider242
Freshman
Freshman

Postby wagonrider242 » October 27th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Thanks Scarlets... I'm sure everyone can agree its not about the wins and losses all the time. But every kid getting off the field safe. I will say that Westmont was blocking dirty in the game, Post and cleans. I dont care that Somerset got mercy ruled. I do care that they were risking injuries with illegal blocks. The real shameful thing is when a Westmont coach was approached about it, he just shrugged and couldn't respond.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Fballrules17 » October 27th, 2018, 10:44 pm

Not to change the topic but 1160 tonight said the HC/ McCort game and United/ PL will be Friday and Penns Manor/ Saltsburg and Claysburg/ CV games will be Saturday. Didn't quite make sense as the Friday winners would play next Saturday, and the Saturday winners would both have a short week and play Friday.

Anyone have any insight into this?

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 27th, 2018, 10:50 pm

D6 website says a playoff meeting will be held at 10 AM tomorrow

Fballrules17
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Fballrules17 » October 27th, 2018, 10:55 pm

thanks, I'm sure it will be announced tomorrow then. That schedule just didn't make any sense to me given the quarterfinal dates are opposite.

lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby lgb87cape » October 28th, 2018, 11:54 am

Manfred wrote:But the games were all fixed by the stripes. It's what they do.  lgb87 sez so.

Again, you would know . They definately factor into the outcome. Ex. Nebraska at Penn State 1982 4th down Mike McCloskey caught a pass at the two while he was in the first row of the student section cheering and his reaction was in shock when he was called in bounds The call was made by teammate Mike Gumans uncle , grandfather or some relative.  That's your biggest case of being a homer. YouTube it . #Joeknew.

Return to “Football”