2018 LHAC Preview

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2018 LHAC Preview

Postby Crimson's Ghost » August 10th, 2018, 9:42 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:This year I think it's hard pick a precise top to bottom list, but I do think there are distinct "tiers" that teams will fall in which IMO will look like:

Top Tier- 
Forest Hills, Bishop Guilfoyle, Richland 

These teams have the highest potential and in the case of BG, will be respected until they do have a normal season. I think Richland is flying under a lot of radars in preseason but will end up being one of the better teams

Second Tier-
Johnstown, Westmont, Chestnut Ridge

Johnstown is a question mark but always seem to rebound when they lose good players. Westmont has had several above average years and don't take a big step back. CR is a storied program and should do well in their new league

Middle Tier-
Bishop McCort, Central Cambria, Somerset

These teams all have a lot to replace but should put a respectable fight each week. I think McCort is going to have a harder time replacing their offense than some think but their QB will keep them in games.

Bottom Tier-
Bedford, Cambria Heights, Penn Cambria

I think these teams have the least coming back but will still put up a fight each week. There are no teams this year where just showing up will be enough to get the win

So CC loses their QB and one of the best WR's in the LHAC, and you have them taking a step forward.  Just curious, why do you see them taking a jump? I'm sure you have a better handle on CC than I do.  Just curious.  

• Advertisement
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » August 10th, 2018, 10:33 pm

I don't think they necessarily take a step forward or back. They beat Penn Cambria, took Cambria Heights to OT, and despite a terrible first half defensively played Bedford tight and I think we have more core players back, especially on defense than these teams so I don't think they're in the bottom bunch. We will have a different identity but Nick Knopp is a great athlete and will hold his own running the ball.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » August 10th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Jimjohn81 wrote:Ridge ahead of mccort???Id have do disagree on that one

Well we really don't know how they will do in the conference but they tend to hold their own in playoffs and are traditionally a solid team. McCort just seems to have lost a lot up front and in the backfield, no idea how their underclassmen are.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » August 10th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Yeah, I was just curious.  

Everyone in Section I of the LHAC has a tougher schedule than last year with more than likely Chestnut Ridge replacing Bishop Carroll on the schedule, so I think that's something to keep in mind.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » August 10th, 2018, 10:46 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Jimjohn81 wrote:Ridge ahead of mccort???Id have do disagree on that one

Well we really don't know how they will do in the conference but they tend to hold their own in playoffs and are traditionally a solid team. McCort just seems to have lost a lot up front and in the backfield, no idea how their underclassmen are.

McCort has (I think) four offensive linemen back. They have mostly everything back on offense except Andrews and Walters, and those are obviously big losses. But they have a good core in place if they can find a running back, and I do think the younger Andrews may get a chance to step in and make plays for them on offense.  

I asked a McCort assistant about maybe moving Will Miller to RB, since I thought he would be better suited for that with his speed.  But he said Miller is pretty good at running the offense, with the pitches, handoffs, timing ect.  So I think his throwing will be a bit better, but he's a run-first QB. 

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » August 10th, 2018, 10:50 pm

I will say I was impressed with Miller, I thought they had 3 big losses up front but you would know more than me. Obviously they're at the top of the middle and you could really throw a giant question mark over 2-7 this year. We know almost nothing about BG and Johnstown until week 1-2. My sleeper is Richland as long as they stay healthy 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » August 10th, 2018, 10:55 pm

Yeah, I think Richland has a lot of talent if they can put it together.

Privateer
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Privateer » August 11th, 2018, 9:30 am

Mccort lost 2 starters at right guard and right tackle. Replaced by McGowan at guard and ardary at tackle. Center, Lgaurd  and Ltackle tare returning starters. The two replacements are solid players who played a lot last year. The O line will be very good again. Mccort rushed for over 4K yards last year and I predict that they will rush for over 3k this year.
With miller ,Andrews ,Bair, and the fullback that came from Indiana the run game won’t skip a beat. If they can find a way to throw the ball with some success the only thing that will stop their offense will be the end zone.
The first game will be key. I agree that Richland has the potential to be very good this year so if Mccort can win the opener  I think they can win 7+ games in the league. They scrimmage westmont so you won’t get any idea about their D since all they’ll be doing is jumping on a huge pile of bodies. Opening night will be interesting as richlands pass game is concerning.

wagonrider242
Freshman
Freshman

Postby wagonrider242 » August 11th, 2018, 7:37 pm

If somerset can get the qb situation figured out they can open some eyes. Nick hyde doesn't only take on double teams he can shut down one side.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby crfball » August 24th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Manfred where ya at

Return to “Football”