Bishop McCort vs. Ligonier: AA Championship Thread

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop McCort vs. Ligonier: AA Championship Thread

Postby CoffinCorner » November 13th, 2016, 6:55 pm

MCcort did not give up anything to Cecere in the scrimmage, their line was dominate.   The db's played bump and and were very physical.  How did DB's play against Johnstown or BG.   Up and tight?

• Advertisement
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby ChrisKentRam » November 13th, 2016, 7:04 pm

Crimson's Ghost wrote:You should've sat on the Bellwood side then if you wanted to hear complaining.

It is always enjoyable to go to a game as a non-biased observer and listen to fans complain. 

As far as the game goes... I believe it should be a very good game, but I truly believe Ligonier finally proves all the haters wrong.  Smith is a very accurate passer. He gives his receivers an opportunity to get yards after the catch on those short intermediate routes that has obviously been McCort weakness. Ligonier also has multiple receiving options that make plays. Defensively, Liggy has been strong all year long. I can't see McCort scoring 30 some points like others have suggested. If McCort is able to win I believe it will be a lower scoring game. 
When it comes to special teams Ligonier is also very strong. Bellwood was able to convert a couple fourth downs on punt fakes against McCort. I haven't watched them every game this year obviously, but to me that indicates that maybe their special teams is something that they will need to get fixed up in order to beat Liggy. 

Give me Ligonier 28-14 to finally get over the hump and prove many of you wrong. 

Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » November 13th, 2016, 7:21 pm

What district does the winner of this game play?

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 13th, 2016, 7:23 pm

Either Dunmore (D2) or York Catholic (D3). 

Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » November 13th, 2016, 9:09 pm

K. Thank you

Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Blueandwhitefan » November 13th, 2016, 10:43 pm

GoDragons wrote:Someone please block/ban his IP.

Go easy on the kid. Instead of banning him we should enroll him in a good junior high school . 
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!

DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby DCor50 » November 14th, 2016, 2:29 am

Thanks for the shout out youngbuck...much appreciated...is LV still in the playoffs?  There's no way they could still be playing next week.  I mean they had to play two LHAC, battle tested teams to advance and there is no way that would've been possible with LV being from the lowly Heritage Conference.  Plus, Collin Smith is overrated and Roger Beitel is a joke right?  I didn't realize they were still in it.  With that being said, went to the Bellwood vs McCort game.  What a great high school football game and atmosphere.  Especially the 37 fans/parents on the McCort side.  I like how their community rallies around them...oh wait, what community!  They truly travel well!  I think what's most impressive about McCort is their O Line play.  Not much is said about them, but man do they get after it.  If anyone expects a shoot out, don't make the trip.  This will be a defensive ball game.  Low scoring, unless there are a lot of turnovers.  I don't see that happening.  Both teams take care of the ball.  Would love to be there, but heading up north for bear camp.  Family tradition!

SHS19
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby SHS19 » November 14th, 2016, 6:38 am

If I knew how to add emoji's on here DCor50 - I would have about 5 of them representing "LMAO" - Well said!!

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 14th, 2016, 8:57 am

One section of Mansion Park's home side is the size of Ligonier's stadium.  Will there be that many LV fans that make the trip? 

CrimsonLion
Senior
Senior

Postby CrimsonLion » November 14th, 2016, 9:50 am

DCor has to be a PSU fan to mention crowd size, it's their mantra they could be 2-8 or 8-2 but at least they draw 100,000 fans.

So many match-ups in this game that make it very intriguing.

Smith/Sheeder vs Phillips/Walters...Can the McCort LB corps stop the explosive Smith and  Sheeder? Sheeder in my opinion doesn't get the credit he deserves due to the amount of weapons Liggy has, but in my opinion if he is the feature back on most teams he would decimate the local rushing totals. Phillips is a stud, Parrish is a stud. In my opinion these are the best two inside backers in the area. Both are old school take your head off kinda guys,

Parrish/Custer and company vs Andrews, Britt, Nash, Walters....Liggy has a nice combination like McCort of size and speed, McCort will bang Walters inside and then all of a sudden Andrews or Nash or Britt busts one open.

Liggy WRs vs McCort secondary...So much talent for a Class AA D6 game and this could be where this one is won and lost. Tutino and Daugherty can spread the field, McCort likes to play physical, so what kind of game the refs call could dictate a lot in this battle. Liggy has to run the short to intermediate routes to soften up the vertical attack.

Both lines seem fairly comparable, grinders in your face whistle to whistle type kids. Keys here could be the big DE Goins can he get pressure on Smith off the edge

Special Teams...Both teams have consistent kickers who are battle tested, both teams have explosive returnmen

Coaching...Basile is a veteran, but Beitel like him or not has been in pressure games the past few years and guaranteed he has a monkey on his back. You can win all the games you want but no one cares unless you win championships. He needs a D6 championship and a State playoff berth to help his legacy and yes, coaches have egoes.

I don't care about crowds, but football fans in general should flock to see this one because it has all the makings of a classic knock down dragout fist fight, loads of talent

I look for a lower scoring tight game, field position, special teams, halftime adjustments and guts wins this one

McCort 24 Liggy 21 in OT
Last edited by CrimsonLion on November 15th, 2016, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”