District 5/6 site changes

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: District 5/6 site changes

Postby Manfred » November 2nd, 2018, 9:02 am

This is addressed to Tubmill. As a neutral observer here, do you think maybe, if Liggy had a visitor's bleacher section, they might draw a few more people to their games? With fan civility, or lack of, being what it is, a partisan bleacher on the other side of the field might be a bit of incentive to draw more opposing fans who don't want to sit amongst all the Homeys. BTW, I for one often sit in the home side bleachers as they are closer to the entrances and I don't feel like a quarter mile walk to the other side & back.

The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » November 2nd, 2018, 9:37 am

I think having a small visitors side at Weller Field would be helpful.  It's a shame Laurel Valley's stadium is sitting vacant and they can't transport those bleachers down the road. 

I was at a big Penns Manor/Ligonier game a few years ago before Ligonier was the top dog, maybe Collin Smith was around a sophomore. The bleachers weren't really an option. There's a mound of dirt on the outside the fence near the locker room building, we stood up there just to not be field level on the track. 

tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby tubmill » November 2nd, 2018, 4:44 pm

Manfred, they get large crowds now. However you are right! I personally would like to see bleachers, from the Laurel Valley field, moved to Weller. I have had to sit at the bleachers in Ligonier as a visitor. It was never a pleasant experience, as a Laurel Valley fan. 

tubmill
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby tubmill » November 2nd, 2018, 4:53 pm

The Laurel Valley field is used for youth football, both games and practice. I would imagine that Coach Beitel doesn’t want them on the Weller field. I don’t know why they couldn’t find a vacant field somewhere, for the young kids to practice. Let them play their games at Weller.

Return to “Football”