AAAA Championship: Johnstown vs. Bellefonte

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAAA Championship: Johnstown vs. Bellefonte

Postby Manfred » November 9th, 2017, 8:19 am

DragonsDoExist wrote:
Manfred wrote:Not going to be but a few degrees better for Sat. also.

I'll be there Saturday. How's the visitor side seating in Sidman Manfred?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just as cold as the Home side, lol.  FYI, lots of Ranger fans prefer sitting on that side, too.  Esp. the top row-ers.

The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

• Advertisement
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby billmurray » November 9th, 2017, 8:29 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:I'm not sure the cold should bother anyone, but if it does Johnstown played deep into the season last year, so they've played/practiced in cold situations before whereas Bellefonte's season was over before it got cold last year.

Again, if it's cold and dry, I don't see it being a huge issue.

If it's wet, the passing games could suffer.

Johnstown played in a game that was 71 degrees at the end of the first half and 31 to start the third...first time I ever experienced something like that!

dougkeklak
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby dougkeklak » November 9th, 2017, 8:57 am

Ah, that Jersey Shore game, what a scene that was! In regards to the cold, I'm in the camp that as long as it is dry it really won't affect the outcome. Base layer gear is so advanced now, if you gear up properly it really won't affect performance. It's more of a **** for those of us that are watching LOL!

Lionjacket
Senior
Senior

Postby Lionjacket » November 9th, 2017, 2:53 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:Since the Red Raiders went to Deitrich at QB in week 2 Ridge is the only team to hold them under 31 points. Yeah CR may have made them look beatable but CR is arguably the best team in the area. Averaging over 400 yards and 40 ppg Bellefonte may have the best offense Johnstown has seen this season. Defensively the Red Raiders will give up some points so it may come down to some big turnovers and whoever gets the big stop on defense. Scoreboard should get a workout. I like your score LionJacket but I'm gonna take Bellefonte 35-20.

I think that Ridge and Johnstown have similar defenses in the fact that they have great team speed...definitely more speed than Bellefonte sees in the Mountain league anyway 

TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby TAHS92Alum » November 9th, 2017, 3:07 pm

Lionjacket wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Since the Red Raiders went to Deitrich at QB in week 2 Ridge is the only team to hold them under 31 points. Yeah CR may have made them look beatable but CR is arguably the best team in the area. Averaging over 400 yards and 40 ppg Bellefonte may have the best offense Johnstown has seen this season. Defensively the Red Raiders will give up some points so it may come down to some big turnovers and whoever gets the big stop on defense. Scoreboard should get a workout. I like your score LionJacket but I'm gonna take Bellefonte 35-20.

I think that Ridge and Johnstown have similar defenses in the fact that they have great team speed...definitely more speed than Bellefonte sees in the Mountain league anyway 

I just have to ask where you think Ridge played a majority of its games this year? I'll take Bellefonte as well. 
-BIRDS OF PREY-

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 9th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Lionjacket wrote:

This year I would agree with that statement. That was what separated Central and Clearfield from the rest of the league the last couple years.

You play to win the game!!!

Lionjacket
Senior
Senior

Postby Lionjacket » November 9th, 2017, 6:01 pm

TAHS92Alum wrote:
Lionjacket wrote:

I just have to ask where you think Ridge played a majority of its games this year? I'll take Bellefonte as well. 

I know that Ridge played a lot of Mountain Lague teams, and they used their extremely fast offense to take advantage of the slow Mountain League defenses, just like Bellefonte did...until they played Ridge and their fast defense. 

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby upnorth » November 9th, 2017, 7:28 pm

The Trojans are going to need some big plays early in order to stay in this one. I believe Bellefonte will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and win going away 42-14. Deitrich has been a monster this year averaging around 230 yards of total offense per game.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » November 10th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Defensively Johnstown had no answer for Deitrich as expected. Next up for Bellefonte is district 4 champ Selinsgrove.

You play to win the game!!!

sportsfan1000
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby sportsfan1000 » November 10th, 2017, 11:54 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:Defensively Johnstown had no answer for Deitrich as expected. Next up for Bellefonte is district 4 champ Selinsgrove.

Defensively not at all. Their answer was to try and outscore him.  I really think they had a shot if Johnstown's QB doesn't get hurt in the first quarter.  I've seen him play a lot and I could tell he was dialed in after that first drive.  I didn't think Bellefonte would have had an answer to him.  Unfortunately for Johnstown they'll never know.  Hats off to Bellefonte.  

Return to “Football”