Mapletown/Clairton

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Mapletown/Clairton

Postby knowitall » September 1st, 2018, 11:04 pm

Is there enough room in either school to accommodate all the new students?  Combining schools is much easier said than done

• Advertisement
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Aiks19 » September 2nd, 2018, 8:22 am

knowitall wrote:Is there enough room in either school to accommodate all the new students?  Combining schools is much easier said than done

I get what your saying. I was just giving those 2 as examples. It's not easy to combine schools. But in the future if schools need renovations, instead of putting money into two smaller schools . Build one at another site.Again not talking about any specific school. 

EaglealumsGhost
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Postby EaglealumsGhost » September 2nd, 2018, 10:22 am

Aiks19 wrote:
Birda wrote:Why is Pennsylvania still hung up on this old fashioned idea that every poor little municipality need it's own school district?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've thought the same thing for years. A lot of schools should be either consolidated or just closed .For example , Juanita Valley and Williamsburg are neighboring school districts. Combine them they would make a small AA school......maybe

The example you used wouldn’t be as feasible as JV being absorbed by Huntingdon and Tyrone and Williamsburg absorbed by Hollidaysburg and Central
All area schools have been shrinking in numbers for years so it wouldn’t take much if any $ to accommodate the new students other than busing

Lionjacket
Senior
Senior

Postby Lionjacket » September 2nd, 2018, 12:03 pm

As they say, the hardest animal to get rid of, is the school mascot.

Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Aiks19 » September 3rd, 2018, 6:58 pm

EaglealumsGhost wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:
Birda wrote:Why is Pennsylvania still hung up on this old fashioned idea that every poor little municipality need it's own school district?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've thought the same thing for years. A lot of schools should be either consolidated or just closed .For example , Juanita Valley and Williamsburg are neighboring school districts. Combine them they would make a small AA school......maybe

The example you used wouldn’t be as feasible as JV being absorbed by Huntingdon and Tyrone and Williamsburg absorbed by Hollidaysburg and Central
All area schools have been shrinking in numbers for years so it wouldn’t take much if any $ to accommodate the new students other than busing

You're right. That wouldn't be a far off possibility and would make more sense.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » September 9th, 2018, 10:15 pm

Jefferson Morgan 40 Mapletown 6

Return to “Football”