District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
User avatar
reugenev
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 344
Joined: September 14th, 2009, 12:33 pm
Reputation: 24

District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby reugenev » November 1st, 2015, 12:12 pm

Here is the way I have it:

The TOP 7 TEAMS ARE IN!  

1 BG 1300 9-0 (  SOM)
2 MV 1280 9-0 ( WB)
3 PM 1250 9-0 (  KEYSTONE) *lost in 2OT to 9-0 Karns City
4 PORT 1080 8-1(  BERLIN 9-0)
5BA 890 6-3 ( PO)
6 WH 820 6-3 ( CC)
7 NC 770 6-3 (  NB) * Not a gimme
=====================================

FIVE TEAMS BATTLING FOR the 8th slot, and  a date with returning state champion BG?

                                                 (Projected finish)
 CV 620 5-4 (  CT)  (5-5)
Juniata Valley 620 5-4 (Hunt)  (5-5) -Win and In
 PL 600 5-4  ( WEST SH) (5-5)
 CH  540  4-5 (JST) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS
 HC 490 4-5 (WILL) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS

I'M STICKING WITH none of the teams battling for the 8 seed gets to 6 wins. (The best shot lies with PL if they can knock off a 3-6 West Shamokin team.)  Otherwise if CH upsets Johnstown, which is a good bet, the Heights would get the 8 seed.  If CH loses to the Trojans, it will come down to power points between CV, JV, PL, HC.  My pick is CV.

My Picks are
1 BG
8  CH or CV

4 PORTAGE
5 BA
=======================

2 PM
7 NC

3 MV
6WH  (COULD BE A SLEEPER IF THIS IS THE WAY IT PLAYS OUT)

Let me here your picks 1-8



  • Advertisement
User avatar
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 551
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 1:19 pm
Reputation: 105

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby Aiks19 » November 1st, 2015, 1:24 pm

1 BG
2 MV
3 PM
4 port
5 BA
6 WH
7 NC
8 CH

ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 412
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 1:57 pm
Reputation: 73

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby ChrisKentRam » November 1st, 2015, 2:04 pm

reugenev wrote:Here is the way I have it:

The TOP 7 TEAMS ARE IN!  

1 BG 1300 9-0 (  SOM)
2 MV 1280 9-0 ( WB)
3 PM 1250 9-0 (  KEYSTONE) *lost in 2OT to 9-0 Karns City
4 PORT 1080 8-1(  BERLIN 9-0)
5BA 890 6-3 ( PO)
6 WH 820 6-3 ( CC)
7 NC 770 6-3 (  NB) * Not a gimme
=====================================

FIVE TEAMS BATTLING FOR the 8th slot, and  a date with returning state champion BG?

                                                 (Projected finish)
 CV 620 5-4 (  CT)  (5-5)
Juniata Valley 620 5-4 (Hunt)  (5-5) -Win and In
 PL 600 5-4  ( WEST SH) (5-5)
 CH  540  4-5 (JST) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS
 HC 490 4-5 (WILL) (5-5) --- ELIMINATED WITH A LOSS

I'M STICKING WITH none of the teams battling for the 8 seed gets to 6 wins. (The best shot lies with PL if they can knock off a 3-6 West Shamokin team.)  Otherwise if CH upsets Johnstown, which is a good bet, the Heights would get the 8 seed.  If CH loses to the Trojans, it will come down to power points between CV, JV, PL, HC.  My pick is CV.

My Picks are
1 BG
8  CH or CV

4 PORTAGE
5 BA
=======================

2 PM
7 NC

3 MV
6WH  (COULD BE A SLEEPER IF THIS IS THE WAY IT PLAYS OUT)

Let me here your picks 1-8

Clearly you understand how the seeding formula works better than me, but I'm not sure I understand how PM can overtake Mo Valley if they both win out which seems likely?  As far as the 8 seed goes...  It's nice that all these teams have something to play for at least, even though it won't matter because they will get crushed.  Making playoffs is a nice accomplishment and experience for the underclassmen and seniors as well...  As I said last week, it won't be PL, they are missing all their offensive threats due to injury.  I bet every team loses except Homer this week...If what you say is true, and Homer can catch CV, then I'll take Homer.... If not, CV it is...

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 4110
Joined: November 26th, 2011, 5:17 pm
Reputation: 141
Location: tri cities, Washington

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby konjo78 » November 1st, 2015, 2:31 pm

Teams also gain 10 points for every win an opponent makes over the year (if they beat a team) so keystone is 10 points closing and if more heritage teams win than teams on MVs schedule than pm can overtake them

ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 412
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 1:57 pm
Reputation: 73

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby ChrisKentRam » November 1st, 2015, 2:45 pm

konjo78 wrote:Teams also gain 10 points for every win an opponent makes over the year (if they beat a team) so keystone is 10 points closing and if more heritage teams win than teams on MVs schedule than pm can overtake them

Give it up Konjo, last week you said Southern Huntington was going to beat Mo Valley... No one asked for your two cents...  I was asking reugenev, because he actually does his research, and can give me a legitimate response.  I understand in theory how Penns Manor could catch them.  However, reugenev usually provides legitimate numbers to back up what he is saying...reugenevreugenevreugenev

pigskin50
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 1:11 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby pigskin50 » November 1st, 2015, 3:19 pm

Besides BG, all other higher seeds should hope they don't get Westmont week 1.  The Hilltoppers are playing really well.  Very physical up front and very big.  I predict they will win round 1 of the playoffs if they don't play BG.  Looking forward to going to watch them play.

User avatar
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 551
Joined: November 1st, 2015, 1:19 pm
Reputation: 105

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby Aiks19 » November 1st, 2015, 4:43 pm

1 BG 2 MV 3 PM 4 portage 5 BA 6 WH 7 NC 8 CH, I'll call upsets in BA @ portage and Westmont @ PM

lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1625
Joined: April 27th, 2006, 8:16 pm
Reputation: 33
Contact:

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby lhacbigfan » November 1st, 2015, 8:47 pm

There is very little chance Penns Manor would pass Mo Valley. MV currently leads by 30 points and assuming both win, would still be ahead by 20 points before factoring in opponent wins in Week 10. MV would get sure 10 points from Bellwood (PO), Mt. Union (PV),  and the winner of Claysburg/So. Hunt (beat both). Also possibly more from toss up games: (Glendale/Marion Center and Williamsburg/Homer-Center). Not counting the toss ups that puts MV ahead by 50. PM would need 5 of the following teams to win just to tie. 
Homer-Center (vs Williamsburg)
Northern Cambria (vs Northern Bedford)
United (vs Farrell)
Marion Center (vs Glendale)
Blairsville (vs Curwensville)
Ligonier Valley (vs Central)
Purchase Line ( vs West Shamokin)

United and Blairsville would seem to be severe underdogs meaning the other 5 all must win. Possible, but very unlikely.

ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 412
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 1:57 pm
Reputation: 73

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby ChrisKentRam » November 1st, 2015, 8:56 pm

lhacbigfan wrote:There is very little chance Penns Manor would pass Mo Valley. MV currently leads by 30 points and assuming both win, would still be ahead by 20 points before factoring in opponent wins in Week 10. MV would get sure 10 points from Bellwood (PO), Mt. Union (PV),  and the winner of Claysburg/So. Hunt (beat both). Also possibly more from toss up games: (Glendale/Marion Center and Williamsburg/Homer-Center). Not counting the toss ups that puts MV ahead by 50. PM would need 5 of the following teams to win just to tie. 
Homer-Center (vs Williamsburg)
Northern Cambria (vs Northern Bedford)
United (vs Farrell)
Marion Center (vs Glendale)
Blairsville (vs Curwensville)
Ligonier Valley (vs Central)
Purchase Line ( vs West Shamokin)

United and Blairsville would seem to be severe underdogs meaning the other 5 all must win. Possible, but very unlikely.

Thank you for crunching the numbers...

User avatar
reugenev
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 344
Joined: September 14th, 2009, 12:33 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: District 6 Class A Playoffs Picture -WEEK 10!

Postby reugenev » November 6th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Hate to say I told you so, this should be the matchups in single A

1 BG
8 CH

5BA
4 PORTAGE


2. Pm
7. NC

3. MV
6. WH


Return to “Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests