Tough News For BG...

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Tough News For BG...

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » July 11th, 2016, 4:17 pm

I know schools pulled away from shady McCoy when he got hurt his senior year, and teams backed off Brian Shope when he got hurt his junior year

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » July 11th, 2016, 4:40 pm

Every case is different with how schools handle injuries with prospective recruits. Even since McCoy and Shope played high school football, medicine and rehab have gotten better. iIn the past decade an ACL isn't a death blow to a career like it used to be, they're just so common and it seems like they are handled better from everyone involved.   Having said all that, colleges and coaches don't have to honor their previous offers, there's no rules or anything behind it.  They are going to recruit the best 20 or so kids they can, and if one of them thinks Chadbourn is one of them, they'll continue to pursue him. It's a simple is that. The injury is a setback, not a career ender, so with that mindset my guess he will get the same amount of interest from the schools that were recruiter him the most anyway.  The unfortunate thing for Chadbourn is that he doesn't have a senior season to earn an even bigger or better offer, what's there now is probably what is going to be there come signing day.

SFB14
Senior
Senior

Postby SFB14 » July 12th, 2016, 10:59 am

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Every case is different with how schools handle injuries with prospective recruits. Even since McCoy and Shope played high school football, medicine and rehab have gotten better. iIn the past decade an ACL isn't a death blow to a career like it used to be, they're just so common and it seems like they are handled better from everyone involved.   Having said all that, colleges and coaches don't have to honor their previous offers, there's no rules or anything behind it.  They are going to recruit the best 20 or so kids they can, and if one of them thinks Chadbourn is one of them, they'll continue to pursue him. It's a simple is that. The injury is a setback, not a career ender, so with that mindset my guess he will get the same amount of interest from the schools that were recruiter him the most anyway.  The unfortunate thing for Chadbourn is that he doesn't have a senior season to earn an even bigger or better offer, what's there now is probably what is going to be there come signing day.

This is exactly how I would see the situation. Very well said Crimson.

johnthomas81
Freshman
Freshman

Postby johnthomas81 » July 12th, 2016, 8:13 pm

He will not pay one dime for school, period.  His offers were definitely on the rise.  If Evan and his family truly believe he's in that elite class than a prep school may not be a bad idea. 

johnthomas81
Freshman
Freshman

Postby johnthomas81 » July 12th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Peyton, you must spend a lot of time with quality coaches.  It helps us understand you and your comments a little better.  You can share this with your buddies,  it may benefit their programs in the future.

STUDY: Nearly 90% Of This Year's NFL Draft Picks...

88.5% 2016 NFL Draft picks played multiple sports...

billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby billmurray » July 12th, 2016, 11:24 pm

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I know schools pulled away from shady McCoy when he got hurt his senior year, and teams backed off Brian Shope when he got hurt his junior year

you've brought up the last HS player injury I could think of that had such an impact as Chadbourns probably will. The only thing you got wrong was that schools backed off him. He was committed to play for Miami but grades put a halt to that and he went to Milford Academy. He was still committed while there but Miami made a coaching change so he went to his second choice, Pitt. Shady's injury wasn't as bad, a broken ankle, an injury that at the time had a much better recovery rate. Actually, when Miami made the coaching change even more schools contacted him for his services. 

D6sports101
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby D6sports101 » July 19th, 2016, 5:30 pm

Elijah Benton transferring to BG?

Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Blueandwhitefan » July 22nd, 2016, 8:18 pm

costanza wrote:well then that is the only time I have ever heard that from our area.  I can't think of a coach who actually says that to kids about spring sports.....now it has been said by basketball and baseball coaches in regards to football.  "you can play fall baseball" or we will be doing "conditioning" workouts in the fall, or "you don't want to get hurt"....  I haven't heard people tell someone not to play baseball in the spring or summer.

While coaching 13-14 yr old LL and Junior Legion, I personally lost players that were told miss lifting and you can sit on the bench. And NO, it was NOT PM coaches!!!!
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » August 10th, 2016, 8:20 pm

Penn State has offered Evan Chadbourn a preferred walk-on spot according to 247.com, Chadbourn says Penn and Lehigh are his top two options right now. 

MrPositivity
Freshman
Freshman

Postby MrPositivity » August 24th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Who takes over for BG in the backfield now?

Return to “Football”