Tyrone

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Tyrone

Postby Goldeneagles12 » September 25th, 2017, 4:41 pm

I think it's a combination of all. With Franco everyone knew the offense was gonna be fine. So he could help out everywhere and have every little thing covered to the tiniest detail. Just some of the fundamental things have been lost and the kids hearts the heads start hanging as soon as they get down.

• Advertisement
bearcatfan12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby bearcatfan12 » September 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm

imagine being 1-4 lol, and making all these excuses.. just accept the fact that its a down year, and maybe get better next season. as for now its over for tyrone

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » September 25th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Why give up half way through the season..?

There are plenty of people to take some of the blame for where they are now (kids included though not many outsiders like to put any of it on them), plenty of people who could be doing more, but there are also plenty of people working on the problems that could use some support.

The Mountain League is by far better than probably at any other point in the last decade. Huntingdon is legit, BEA is much better than usual, as is Bellefonte, Central and Clearfield are still Central and Clearfield, and then there is still P-O and Penns Valley.

For all those that want Franco back, remember he hasn't done so hot since leaving. I think there are several factors to both Franco's and Tyrone's disappointments. I don't think they magically would have been world beaters with him staying.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » September 25th, 2017, 8:21 pm

I thinking is The backyard brawl trophy will be staying in Bellwood for a couple more seasons. Not a knock on Tyrone ( they will get it right) but Bellwood has size and skill in the lower grades.

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » September 25th, 2017, 8:26 pm

And their numbers look pretty good too I hear.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » September 25th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Yes. 54 in varsity (9-12) and jr high (7-8) have 30 plus. Losing only 12 seniors

SwaggyJ23
Junior
Junior

Postby SwaggyJ23 » September 25th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Yes this is a bad season for Tyrone but why give up on the kids? I hate seeing everyone just stop caring for Tyrone football. I go to all the games no matter what. Everything is negative at the games to just root for the dang team. All this negativity toward them they hear and really puts them down. It’d be nice to go to a game where the fans are actually rooting for them and maybe that would give them a boost

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » September 25th, 2017, 10:21 pm

SwaggyJ23 wrote:Yes this is a bad season for Tyrone but why give up on the kids? I hate seeing everyone just stop caring for Tyrone football. I go to all the games no matter what. Everything is negative at the games to just root for the dang team. All this negativity toward them they hear and really puts them down. It’d be nice to go to a game where the fans are actually rooting for them and maybe that would give them a boost

You are right! I think people forget that these are teenaged kids. 

SwaggyJ23
Junior
Junior

Postby SwaggyJ23 » September 25th, 2017, 11:02 pm

Aiks19 wrote:
SwaggyJ23 wrote:Yes this is a bad season for Tyrone but why give up on the kids? I hate seeing everyone just stop caring for Tyrone football. I go to all the games no matter what. Everything is negative at the games to just root for the dang team. All this negativity toward them they hear and really puts them down. It’d be nice to go to a game where the fans are actually rooting for them and maybe that would give them a boost

You are right! I think people forget that these are teenaged kids. 

Exactly

Chevytrucks75
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Chevytrucks75 » September 26th, 2017, 7:32 am

Real fans show their support for the young men playing every Friday night, maybe it is a down year but in the end whatever the outcome kids have to move on in life and a lesson taught that everything doesn't always go as planned and things aren't always easy to deal with. I think whenever kids are involved in a team sport they learn many lessons whether they win or lose, so let's remember we aren't talking about payed players or even adults these are still kids that are very influenced by actions and words of adults whether it's coaches, parents, teachers, or just community members so let's support our golden eagles!

Return to “Football”