Tyrone

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
BoStillKnows
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Tyrone

Postby BoStillKnows » September 26th, 2017, 8:05 am

Only reasons Bellwood's numbers are up is because they have their 9th graders pulled up, Tyrone does not. I wouldn't count Tyrone out next season as an automatic L to Bellwood, Tyrone only loses a handful of Seniors as well. The whole entire Line are underclassmen except for 1.

• Advertisement
ShadowEagles
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ShadowEagles » September 26th, 2017, 9:48 am

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Why give up half way through the season..?

There are plenty of people to take some of the blame for where they are now (kids included though not many outsiders like to put any of it on them), plenty of people who could be doing more, but there are also plenty of people working on the problems that could use some support.  

The Mountain League is by far better than probably at any other point in the last decade. Huntingdon is legit, BEA is much better than usual, as is Bellefonte, Central and Clearfield are still Central and Clearfield, and then there is still P-O and Penns Valley.  

For all those that want Franco back, remember he hasn't done so hot since leaving.  I think there are several factors to both Franco's and Tyrone's disappointments. I don't think they magically would have been world beaters with him staying.

The football hasn't gotten any better, the Tyrone product is bad, thus makes it a tough schedule. College Football talks about the eye test so lets see
BA - Undefeated but not a good Bellwood team, not a district champ, and took OT to beat a bad Tyrone team
Central - Perhaps 4-1 looks pretty but this is only a shell of a team. I'd say it would rank 5th out of the last 5 years
Huntingdon - Yes undefeated, Maybe the 2nd best team they have had in the past 15 years. Remember Border and Wagner were in the same backfield just 2 years ago. Good Tyrone team beat them 4 times in 2 years
Bellefonte - 4-1 yea this team is ok, but not a world beater and not 35 points better, especially since Huntingdon only won by 12
PO - I steal a quote and say Epworth Manor
BEA- Not a good team - should finish with 3 wins - 4 if another Tyrone flop on Friday
Hollidaysburg - to much depth and size, has to be a good year
Clearfield - Not their normal team either, of course we will invite them to throw the football since thats what they are good at
PV - same category as BEA
CR - This could be the best team on the schedule

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » September 26th, 2017, 10:17 am

BoStillKnows wrote:Only reasons Bellwood's numbers are up is because they have their 9th graders pulled up, Tyrone does not. I wouldn't count Tyrone out next season as an automatic L to Bellwood, Tyrone only loses a handful of Seniors as well. The whole entire Line are underclassmen except for 1.

They are still up, compared to previous years. I'm comparing their numbers to Bellwoods previous seasons. I'm also taking that in account. Plus comparing a AA and AAA should be apples and oranges.Also that's not the reason I think Bellwood takes the next couple of years. It's the quality not so much quantity 

Goldeneagles12
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » September 26th, 2017, 12:04 pm

I go to all the games. Doesnt matter what level it is there is always critics. Now bearcat yea 1-4 and still could have beat Huntingdon even a down year and they couldn't pound Tyrone. With Franco yea hasn't been good for him but Altoona is a dumpster fire as long as they are in the WPIAL they will not win. Penn Cambria its year one if he can get the numbers they will be fine. With Tyrone i just hope all the players and coaches can look in the mirror and figure it out for the future of the program.

ShadowEagles
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ShadowEagles » September 27th, 2017, 2:34 pm

How long till the school starts screaming about gate money, since they spent all that on a new field, and the product stinks like Neilmont

youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby youngbuck » September 27th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Could they still get in the playoffs?

TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby TAHS92Alum » September 27th, 2017, 2:45 pm

youngbuck wrote:Could they still get in the playoffs?

Maybe if they can win 3???  BEA, Clearfield, Penns Valley?
-BIRDS OF PREY-

ShadowEagles
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ShadowEagles » September 27th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Maybe with Bellwood's schedule

BoStillKnows
Freshman
Freshman

Postby BoStillKnows » September 27th, 2017, 2:52 pm

I think a minimum 4-6 record gets Tyrone into the playoffs

PAFBFan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby PAFBFan » September 27th, 2017, 3:05 pm

No heart, no discipline, no talent. I don't blame it at all on the coaches. Players are crybabies and show boaters. They care about posting their cool uniforms on social media. I can't remember a time where we average 7 kids laying on the ground for a twisted pinky.

Return to “Football”