Tyrone

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
goldendevil
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Tyrone

Postby goldendevil » September 27th, 2017, 3:19 pm

First time user. I work with some guys that told me about this site and I enjoy reading the entries. Never
registered until today when Shadow Eagles commented about the Bellwood schedule. I'm a Golden Devil.
Graduated from B-A and have children going to Tyrone. A Golden Devil is better than a Blue Eagle.
Anyhow back to the schedule. The schedules of our two schools have been basically the same opponents for years
except for a few tweaks. Never has schedules been mentioned before until Shadow got a little testy.
The schools are in their proper Classifications A-AA-AAA-AAAA and so on. Furthermore their in a conference that they
elected to be in and the league or conference voted to accept them.
It is not B-A's or Tyrone's fault of the record of who they play. Some years things just don't work out the way the
coaches, players and fans want it to be.
Remember here now Pro's draft, college's recruit and the high school coach has to play on whoever comes out for
the sport. If the 6'3" boy that weighs 230 and runs the 40 in 4.5 plays in the band and dislikes football you must say
it is what it is. But to sit back and write about someones schedule you should look further into the history and see
why the schedule is that way. Looking at Bellwood's history in teams played in the last 40-50 years I feel they have
played some worthy schools. Where my children go now I along with B-A follow Tyrone. It is just one of those
years and things just didn't work out. To Shadow it's tough to accept if your a die hard but there are worst things
you'll face in your life. It's only a game, life goes on.

• Advertisement
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby TheAnalyst » September 27th, 2017, 4:08 pm

I think it's possible that Tyrone can get in the playoffs with 1 or 2 more wins. Bedford has Westmont, Johnstown, Somerset, Cambria Heights, and Forest Hills remaining. I consider a some of those possible toss-ups but no gimmes in there. The only other team I see that could make it is Central Cambria. They have BC but then it gets bad, Forest Hills, BG, BM, and Westmont. I think it's possible 3 wins might get a team in.

Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby 223113 » September 27th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Quite possible, if a 4-6 team finishes 6th, but has a school policy that their teams must be no worse than .500 to participate in playoffs.
Where do TA, CC, BED, BEA, P-O, even PC stand in that regard. Any of those have a self-imposed minimum record?

Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby Manfred » September 27th, 2017, 7:55 pm

My guess is they would waive their own rule and take the appearance money.
The world as we know it underwent a rebirth 11-8-16. Conservatives have made themselves heard!

youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby youngbuck » September 27th, 2017, 8:12 pm

To get pounded by Central?

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » September 27th, 2017, 8:36 pm

TheAnalyst wrote:I think it's possible that Tyrone can get in the playoffs with 1 or 2 more wins.  Bedford has Westmont, Johnstown, Somerset, Cambria Heights, and Forest Hills remaining.  I consider a some of those possible toss-ups but no gimmes in there.  The only other team I see that could make it is Central Cambria.  They have BC but then it gets bad, Forest Hills, BG, BM, and Westmont.  I think it's possible 3 wins might get a team in.

Bedford on paper should beat Westmont and Somerset, and they have a shot at Heights. CC may win 2 more but will have to upset Forest Hills, BG, or Mccort to get that 4th win, the Heights loss hurt them. 

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » September 27th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Who replaces CR in the MAC next year? Hollidaysburg?

Goldeneagles12
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Goldeneagles12 » September 27th, 2017, 9:13 pm

CR isnt in the Mac. They just schedule everyone in it.

DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby DragonsDoExist » September 27th, 2017, 9:14 pm

CCDevil2012 wrote:Who replaces CR in the MAC next year? Hollidaysburg?

Ridge is currently an independent. They aren't in the MAC.
You play to win the game!!!

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » September 27th, 2017, 9:18 pm

DragonsDoExist wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote:Who replaces CR in the MAC next year? Hollidaysburg?

Ridge is currently an independent. They aren't in the MAC.

My mistake, just realized that, guess I assumed because of their schedule 

Return to “Football”