Bishop Carroll n Leechburg's wish can come true

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Bishop Carroll n Leechburg's wish can come true

Postby ChrisKentRam » October 4th, 2017, 11:55 am

ICCFan wrote:Why would there even be any discussion of BC in the ICC?  Geographically if they are going into a small school (A/AA) conference it would be the Heritage or WestPac.  BC to the ICC would be like Tussey Mt. going to the WestPac or Bellwood to the Heritage, makes no sense.  If C.Ridge can fill a schedule for the last 10 years, so can BC.  They are in the exact same situation.

The old Appalachian Conference fell apart, because no one wanted Carroll in their league.  The Heritage isn't taking them.  The WestPac definitely isn't taking them either.  

• Advertisement
IHeartFootball2
Freshman
Freshman

Postby IHeartFootball2 » October 4th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Who was the mastermind behind kicking BC out of the LHAC & what was the thinking behind it? I've heard different stories & wasn't sure.

CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby CCDevil2012 » October 4th, 2017, 4:20 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:Who was the mastermind behind kicking BC out of the LHAC & what was the thinking behind it? I've heard different stories & wasn't sure.

The thinking was they were 0-25 and had just 18 kids out when healthy. 

LoneRanger
Freshman
Freshman

Postby LoneRanger » October 4th, 2017, 4:21 pm

Leechburg had a chance to join D6 a few years ago before West Shamokin joined.  They did not join because they did not want to travel to places like Northern Cambria due to the travel/distance.  No way they will want to travel 1.5-2 hours to play a game.  They had their chance and decided against it.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 4th, 2017, 4:46 pm

IHeartFootball2 wrote:Who was the mastermind behind kicking BC out of the LHAC & what was the thinking behind it? I've heard different stories & wasn't sure.

I heard the team that Bishop Carroll beat recently was the school that pushed for it the most.

youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby youngbuck » October 4th, 2017, 4:52 pm

Somerset was also a huge push to eliminate BC because it did not generate enough points for them when they beat BC.

I don't understand why BC can't just not have a football team. They spent very minimally fixing their own field to play on and they only have about 20 kids affected anyway. The cost is going to significantly increase to play teams out of Maryland, from parents with kids in sports other than football, they are not happy about having even more money directed to the football program.

One amusing part is that Blacklicks always complained about BC stealing all of their kids, now BC has been terrible for several years and Blacklicks still is bad.

Awdhaemel
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Awdhaemel » October 4th, 2017, 5:22 pm

If West Pac doesn't want carroll, based on them possibly getting good and going in a run, why do they want portage, they have dominated league for years. Maybe they should kick out portage/berlin and take on carroll, maybe someone else would have chance to win league then.

kmr
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby kmr » October 4th, 2017, 5:39 pm

That's what I was thinking since this topic started.  The school is losing more kids recently, kids are leaving after their 8th grade year at Holy Name and going to CC.  You would think that the school would try to save all the money they can.  The last couple weeks they have had probably 25 kids dressed.  I could see them giving it a go next year but after that I can't see it.  

BlueYonder
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby BlueYonder » October 4th, 2017, 6:05 pm

Dumb Question.  When a private school does not have a football team, would they then  co-op with another local public school if their kids wanted to play football?  And if they would - I guess (a percentage of)  their enrollment would be added to the school's enrollment for PIAA enrollment calculations, correct?  Does the co-op rules work any different when a private school is involved?

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 4th, 2017, 6:20 pm

I don’t know how a co-op with a private school works but I see Johnstown Christian School co-ops with Shade in several sports including football

Return to “Football”