Question for Manfred/Portage people?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Question for Manfred/Portage people?

Postby knowitall » October 5th, 2017, 10:08 pm

Believe it or not occasionally families move from one house to another.  Lower rent, more closet space, a bigger kitchen, etc. are reasons why families move from one house to another.  Sometimes they move a few miles away and cross a boundary line that means the kids have to go to a new school.  

• Advertisement
CMM52
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby CMM52 » October 5th, 2017, 10:17 pm

knowitall wrote:Believe it or not occasionally families move from one house to another.  Lower rent, more closet space, a bigger kitchen, etc. are reasons why families move from one house to another.  Sometimes they move a few miles away and cross a boundary line that means the kids have to go to a new school.  

Honstly, I'm done. The same people that slam any kid who goes private with even the slightest possibility that it's with athletic intent are saying things like this.  Really people, at least attempt to hide the hypocrisy by remaining silent.  

El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby El-Moldo » October 5th, 2017, 10:22 pm

I'm gonna ask this question again. Is he paying tuition to attend FH???? CMM52 is assuming he just waltzed into FH and started playing sports. As knowitall just mentioned, did his parents MOVE into another district? If he did, doesn't he go along with his folks. Someone find out before CMM52 has another fit.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 5th, 2017, 10:23 pm

Baptists and Methodists discovering Catholicism is completely different than packing up the whole family and moving into a new home.

Steve92
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Steve92 » October 5th, 2017, 10:37 pm

C'mon, folks.  Kids move from public to public, public to private and private to public all the time.  For all kinds of reasons.  We only pay attention when the move involves a star athlete.  So families have the freedom to make these decisions without scrutiny or ridicule unless their child is an athlete.  CMM is right, if the transfer goes to BG, the football crowd is brandishing pitchforks.  But the hypocrisy doesn't stop there--if the same kid transfers to say, Bishop Carroll, it might not raise an eyebrow.  Why?  Because private schools are only troublesome when they're winning.

CMM52
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby CMM52 » October 5th, 2017, 10:38 pm

It's the point that if a kid leaves a public school for a private school no other potential reason is considered by anyone but athletic intent, but you see public to public and the same people find every other possibility but athletic intent.  It's just crazy to me.  In regards to moving, please, let's not act like people haven't changed addresses before in order to make a transfer work.  That is besides the point tho.  I'm only pointing out the hypocrisy that exists when it comes to students moving schools with what appears to be at least some evidence of athletic intent.

stangin80
Freshman
Freshman

Postby stangin80 » October 5th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Your arrogance is stinking like this Penguin game I'm watching..whoops now its 9-1..you have no facts here..until you do..please be done.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 5th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Did the family physically move from a house in Portage School District to Forest Hills School District?  If so, that is significantly different than a Presbyterian family sending its kid to a Catholic school for 11th grade.

CMM52
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby CMM52 » October 5th, 2017, 10:55 pm

stangin80 wrote:Your arrogance is stinking like this Penguin game I'm watching..whoops now its 9-1..you have no facts here..until you do..please be done.

You might be reading this all wrong.  I could care less why the kid left.  Families have the right, in my opinion, to do whatever they feel best for their children.  I'm simply pointing out the difference in some people's reactions as opposed to public to private transfers.  Again, no one has presented the facts but it does appear there could be suspicion of athletic intent.  If this kid went to BG, same dudes singing a different tune.  

stangin80
Freshman
Freshman

Postby stangin80 » October 5th, 2017, 11:08 pm

I know you don't care..thats your prerogative. I'm from Portage. You don't think I've had my taste of stacked teams..that the kids kicking our rear-ends where at that school because they were doing the right thing for themselves. This boy is no 280 pound shoe in to D1..he'll be lucky with a D3 baseball offer at best..

Return to “Football”