D6 Playoff Standings (Week 7)

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Re: D6 Playoff Standings (Week 7)

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 8th, 2017, 5:47 pm

I'm finding these all very interesting. (I believe these are correct, but really just my best guesses)

So if BA wins out: they get the 1, LV 2, BM 3, and MU 4?

If BM wins out: it still just matters what happens with the ICC game to determine if they are 2 (BA loses) or 3 (BA wins)?
If BM loses and BA loses: It goes LV, MU, BA, BM (provided everyone wins the last 2)

If MU wins out: It goes LV, BM, MU, BA with a BM win this week.
IF MU wins out AND BM loses: LV, MU, BA, BM. Correct?
If MU loses: BA, LV, BM, Southern Huntingdon bumps up to 4, and MU drops to 5.

All these scenarios are dependent on everyone winning the rest of their games.

• Advertisement
BlueYonder
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby BlueYonder » October 8th, 2017, 5:52 pm

If BA, LV, and BM all win out here is an approximation.  Week 8.  LV gets 90+10 versus Blairsville.  Week 9, they get 90 + 60 versus PL.  Week 10 they get 100 + 90 versus Berlin.  That's 870 + 100 + 150 + 190 = 1310 not counting wins by teams they already beat.  Similarly, BA would get 810 + 100 + 60 + 100 + 70 + 90 + 70 = 1300.  BM would get 770 + 120 + 60 + 110 + 20 + 110 + 0 = 1190.  In weeks 8 and 9 all 3 teams will probably get about the same points for victories by teams they already beat because of the intra conference play by each conference (about 40 points for each team each week).  In week ten, that applies to BM and BA, but LV could get anywhere from 0 to 90 points for the victories of the Heritage conf teams versus the Westpac.  If we assume they go 5-5, LV would probably end up right there with BA, and BM would be third.  If the heritage wins 6 or more against the Wesstpac, LV is almost a shoe in for 1 seed if they win out. 

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 8th, 2017, 5:55 pm

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:I'm finding these all very interesting.  (I believe these are correct, but really just my best guesses)

If BM wins out: it still just matters what happens with the ICC game to determine if they are 2 (BA loses) or 3 (BA wins)?
If BM loses and BA loses: It goes LV, MU, BA, BM (provided everyone wins the last 2)

My head just exploded!

DCor50
Senior
Senior

Postby DCor50 » October 8th, 2017, 6:04 pm

If LV plays Berlin in week 10 and wins out, they'll be the #1 Seed. They could get 280 points in week 10 if they play Berlin, win and the Heritage sweeps the Westpac. Which is very unlikely. The Heritage won 8 out if 10 last year. Interesting how it will play out.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 8th, 2017, 6:10 pm

Bottom line..to many ifs....let's let it play out! But it's fun to speculate

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 8th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Aiks19 wrote:
SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:I'm finding these all very interesting.  (I believe these are correct, but really just my best guesses)

My head just exploded!

Don't trust me just yet, but I kinda had some fun with that LOL
I openly admit I don't know too much about each team so I tend to trust what everyone else says LOL

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 8th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Doesn't matter if you know about the teams. Seeding is a numbers game. I'm not even sure if 1 or 2 matters to Ligonier. It should matter to Bellwood, that would keep them away from LV and BM

davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby davesandstorm » October 8th, 2017, 6:26 pm

You have to think that both Bellwood and Mount Union are hoping for Bishop McCort and Ligonier to have to eliminate the other in the semi-finals. Honestly I don't think a Bellwood win next week is the worst thing that could happen to MU. If Bellwood manages to be #1, Ligonier Valley would be #2, Bishop McCort #3, and Mount Union #4. I don't think anybody is beating Ligonier Valley, but I'm sure teams would rather go through just Ligonier Valley as opposed to both McCort and LV.

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 8th, 2017, 6:31 pm

I think seeding matters to them all.  LV and BM just don't want to end up at 1&4 or 2&3 so they don't meet till Mansion.  On the flip side, that is exactly what the two ICC teams should want.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 8th, 2017, 6:33 pm

davesandstorm wrote:You have to think that both Bellwood and Mount Union are hoping for Bishop McCort and Ligonier to have to eliminate the other in the semi-finals. Honestly I don't think a Bellwood win next week is the worst thing that could happen to MU. If Bellwood manages to be #1, Ligonier Valley would be #2, Bishop McCort #3, and Mount Union #4. I don't think anybody is beating Ligonier Valley, but I'm sure teams would rather go through just Ligonier Valley as opposed to both McCort and LV.

Other than LV and BM, I think both MU and BA should also worry about any LHAC team in the lower half of the standings. Besides each other, those teams would be better than any team ( besides Huntingdon) that either has seen.

Return to “Football”