Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 11th, 2017, 4:30 pm

Yeah McCort left a lot of opportunities on the field against BG, like 5 empty red zone trips I believe, they needed a passing game to balance themselves and it just wasn't an option. That'll be their problem this week, and in their eventual game with Ligonier should it occur.  

The officiating wasn't too bad against BG, I know some McCort people were upset about an illegal man down field on their opening drive that negated a touchdown.  I did not see anyone down field, but I was watching the play in the endzone not at the line. 

• Advertisement
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » October 11th, 2017, 4:31 pm

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  Which wins this year show how good this Mccort team is?  
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Well I hope the officials don't get blamed 
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.

Bark bark bark bark  :-@

That's funny after you got punked on a different thread today and cried about it.

Yes, hilarious that you do take the time to read things. There must still be hope in the world.
That moment when Enzo signs in to Bleachercoaches.com
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 11th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Crushersports wrote:I'd say both teams being 6-1, but Johnstown being AAAA and being at home probably makes them the favorite.

As you are well aware a AA private school is at worst the equivalent of a AAAA urban public school.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » October 11th, 2017, 4:57 pm

knowitall wrote:
Crushersports wrote:I'd say both teams being 6-1, but Johnstown being AAAA and being at home probably makes them the favorite.

As you are well aware a AA private school is at worst the equivalent of a AAAA urban public school.

Now now, we know they're the same as any other AA team. Just ask them.

youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby youngbuck » October 11th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Yes good point , St Joe's and BC they look and play like AAA teams.  

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » October 11th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Well in most cases, private schools either dominate or shouldn't even have a team. The need a better parochial feeder system. But enough public/private

Abaddon
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby Abaddon » October 11th, 2017, 10:49 pm

I'm taking McCort in this one but to me it's a slim advantage. They are more consistent running the ball and have the weapons and line to do so. However, Jtown is better through the air and like others have said plays well to BM's weakness which is pass defense... in the end I like BM's physicality with several state caliber wrestlers and the beef up front. Should be a good one. BM 30 GJ 28.
Using Tapatalk

Crushersports
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Crushersports » October 12th, 2017, 8:21 am

EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   
Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  LHAC has some weak teams this year.
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Well I hope the officials don't get blamed 
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.

The illegal man downfield call changed the momentum of the game against BG very early. Not sure how Forest Hills handled them, they couldn't stop McCorts run game and mccort couldn't stop the pass. McCort was minus 4 defensive starters including walters and Jones two of the best players in the conference if not the state in AA.
To say that rushing yardage doesn't matter just shows your lack of knowledge and football IQ. If you run for more yards theoretically you're controlling the ball and the clock and keeping the explosive offense of Johnstown off the field. Plus you're controlling time of possession. which is key against an offense like that.
Cambria Heights threw for less than 150 because mccort shut their run game down. A lot of their offense was against JVs at the end of the game minus their 3rd quarter drive.
You're SAWFT Enzo, so is your depth of football knowledge. Ligonier has a nice team and hopefully we'll see mccort vs liggy and gain this post season and see what happens. But to call CH weak when they'd beat andgainnyone in the Heritage minus liggy is just not smart.

GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby GoldenRamsFAN » October 12th, 2017, 10:10 am

Not so fast crusher, I think HC, NC, and PL would all play with CH and possibly even win those games. And it doesn't matter how many rushing yards you have, if jtown has big passing plays and scores in 3 or 4 plays a series then bmchs can have 400 yds rushing as long as they stay out of the end zone. 

DCor50
Senior
Senior

Postby DCor50 » October 12th, 2017, 11:04 am

Crushersports, Walters and Jones are very solid ball players. But to say they might be two of the best players in the state is a stretch. Above average, yes. Best in the state, no way. Let's keep it real here. Bishop McCort is a very solid, strong football team. One of the stronger teams I have watched this year. I do believe that the Laurel Highlands Conference is down a little overall. If Chestnut Ridge were in it this year, they'd have a real shot at beating BG. Ridge is very good. Anyway, good luck to everyone from here on out. Looking forward to some playoff football here shortly.

Return to “Football”