Big Ben after todays lost: "Maybe I don't have it anymore."

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Big Ben after todays lost: "Maybe I don't have it anymore."

Postby knowitall » October 11th, 2017, 10:22 am

No, if your disgust on these issues is based primarily on race, it's racist. You and perhaps some who know you well would know if that describes you. I'm merely stating that for several people this is the case. So is their preference for Bill Cowher. If you were offended by what I wrote perhaps you need to grow as chevytrucks75 suggested, a pair.

• Advertisement
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 11th, 2017, 10:22 am

I think Tomlin mostly does a good job, and the Rooney's aren't going to get rid of a coach if he's winning divisions regularly.  

I don't always agree with his decision making/time management, but very few coaches are actually good at time management.   The Chiefs are the best team in the NFL, and Andy Reid still doesn't know how to use his timeouts.  

I don't think the Steelers discipline would look any different if Cowher was the coach to be honest. And if they were more disciplined, I don't know if the results would be any better, i'm contest they'd be worse.   Each team is differenet, this team plays well when they are loose.

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » October 11th, 2017, 10:38 am

knowitall wrote:No, if your disgust on these issues is based primarily on race, it's racist.  You and perhaps some who know you well would know if that describes you.  I'm merely stating that for several people this is the case.  So is their preference for Bill Cowher.  If you were offended by what I wrote perhaps you need to grow as chevytrucks75 suggested, a pair.

Tomlin does do a good job. His record shows it. Like Crimson has said, he does make mistakes like all humans, but the last two years the distractions on an off the field have been bad. Out done by Cincinnati of course, overachievers in the mischief department. At a professional level, we hold these men to a higher standard. As we should. The team and winning should be first and foremost, except for their own family and situations like that of course. Bell, Bryant, Ben, and, AB have hurt this team repeatedly by sheer stupidity. I shouldn't be mad at this? The most talented offense Pittsburgh has seen and they under perform constantly or can't stay on the field (not from injury).
You're allowed to say, "If the Hood fits" and I'm not allowed to be mad about that. Just grow a pair, huh? Stay classy  :ymapplause:
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » October 11th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Its ridiculous to say that tomlin is a horrible coach when im pretty sure he has one of the best career winning percentages as a coach ever.

As for the defense it mainly got old at steelers had to rebuild. Their main issue has always been the corners and replacing Troy was never going to be easy!

As for their toughness... The NFL has decided it doesnt want teams to play like steelers defenses of old. If you did the things Cowhers and even tomlins early teams did now youd be given 15 yard penalties all dang day.

Chevytrucks75
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Chevytrucks75 » October 11th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Well u can think what you want but my opinion and a lot of people I know that are steeler fans and even other team fans think tomlin isn't a very good coach. As for the celebrations why should we have to watch someone celebrate for doing their job, i guess that just shows how our society thinks

konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby konjo78 » October 11th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Mike tomlins resume: 10 years

1 superbowl
2 afc championships
5 division championships
114-64 all time record for a 64% winning percentage
0 losing seasons.

Bill Cowhers resume 15 years

1 superbowl championship
2 afc championships
7 afc division championships
161-99-1 record for a 61.8% win percentage
3 losing Seasons

So tomlin in 5 less years has had almost the same amount of success as cowher did in his tenure! So you can have your opinion but facts are not on your side at all.

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 11th, 2017, 2:12 pm

I have never understood why people are against celebrating in football, it's a game. It's entertainment. 
That's why the NFL reduced restrictions on celebrations this year, they knew it was a ridiculous rule as well. 

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 11th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Chevytrucks75 wrote:As for the celebrations why should we have to watch someone celebrate for doing their job, i guess that just shows how our society thinks

Their job is to entertain, people find celebrating after making a good play entertaining. 

12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby 12HankQB » October 11th, 2017, 2:24 pm

konjo78 wrote:Mike tomlins resume: 10 years

1 superbowl
2 afc championships
5 division championships
114-64 all time record for a 64% winning percentage
0 losing seasons.

Bill Cowhers resume 15 years

1 superbowl championship
2 afc championships
7 afc division championships
161-99-1 record for a 61.8% win percentage
3 losing Seasons

So tomlin in 5 less years has had almost the same amount of success as cowher did in his tenure! So you can have your opinion but facts are not on your side at all.

There's a lot of other factors though. Tomlin has had a franchise QB for his entire tenure. Cowher went through O'Donnell, Tomczak, Stewart, Maddox, then finally Ben. With the world of media now, I think we get to see more negativity from Tomlin than we had access to with Cowher. Cowher didn't have the world of Twitter lol. He still had dial up.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Postby knowitall » October 11th, 2017, 2:41 pm

What do fans do when their team scores a touchdown?  Merely sit there? 

Return to “Football”