ICC Week 8

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: ICC Week 8

Postby Aiks19 » October 10th, 2017, 11:20 am

Actually I recall that NBC and Tyrone being ugly too.

• Advertisement
Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 10th, 2017, 11:21 am

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:So do we have an over/under? LOL +/-60?

I'll take the under 

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 10th, 2017, 11:32 am

I'll take the over, gotta have something off of Martin.  I just am not sure Posey is ready to hit a window.  These BA guys cover pretty decently.  He can't wait forever back there like last year's kid.  Posey will need some early success because it looks like he doesn't handle it well when things don't go his way.  He will need to have the right attitude. If something doesn't work the first time, can't be afraid to try it again.  I think he can do it but he's gotta have thick skin and a short memory.... Still taking the Over LOL

bearcatfan12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby bearcatfan12 » October 10th, 2017, 10:13 pm

I think you guys are sleeping on Posey. He is a very good player! & Martin is Martin. The only thing that hurts him is the coach taking him out. He will have a big game. He may go for 275+

bearcatfan12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby bearcatfan12 » October 10th, 2017, 10:14 pm

IF the coach sucks it up and plays him

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 10th, 2017, 10:22 pm

The only thing stopping Martin is his conditioning and the coach. Martin hasn't made it all the way through any of their tough games ( Huntingdon, JV, Southern) due to cramping, the rest have been blow outs that they probably didn't want to get him hurt. I hope he can make it through the whole game and the coach uses him as much as he can. I agree Posey can be very good and I hope he comes out and shows it. His running and passing can really open up that offense and be a great compliment to Martin. As can 7.

bearcatfan12
Sophomore
Sophomore

Postby bearcatfan12 » October 11th, 2017, 1:45 am

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:The only thing stopping Martin is his conditioning and the coach.  Martin hasn't made it all the way through any of their tough games ( Huntingdon, JV, Southern) due to cramping, the rest have been blow outs that they probably didn't want to get him hurt.  I hope he can make it through the whole game and the coach uses him as much as he can.  I agree Posey can be very good and I hope he comes out and shows it.  His running and passing can really open up that offense and be a great compliment to Martin.  As can 7.

Yes sir! I agree with everything you said! Should be a great game! I'm still going with MU on this one though! But we'll see!!

SoftWalkinBigStick
Senior
Senior

Postby SoftWalkinBigStick » October 11th, 2017, 7:33 am

Me too

ICCFan
Freshman
Freshman

Postby ICCFan » October 11th, 2017, 9:21 am

The game that most who follow this league have been pointing to is upon us and with it comes some other intriguing games.  Other than the Everett-SH game, there is not a stone cold “lock” on this week’s card.  Expect an upset or two but here are the picks from this vantage point:
 Northern Bedford at Claysburg  –  Very intriguing game that should tell us exactly how good (or not) each of these two teams are.  If NBC is a true District 5 title contender (they are #1 ranked in that district) now is the time to show it.  NBC 28 Claysburg 26

Williamsburg at West Branch –  Williamsburg’s defense can’t seem to stop anyone and if WB doesn’t turn the ball over a bunch and can control the damage that Blue Pirate QB Knorr can inflict if allowed they should win this.  West Branch 35 Williamsburg 13

Tussey Mt. at Glendale– Glendale is playing a little better again and Tussey, while generally competitive, just cannot get a win.  Stick with the trend on this one.  Glendale 28 Tussey Mt. 20.

Juniata Valley at Mo Valley-  JV has been up and down all year but should get a win here.  JV 26 Mo Valley 12

Everett at S.Huntingdon– People are forgetting that if BA defeats Mt. Union, Southern controls it’s on destiny and can still win the league title.  Senior Nic Devlin has already gone over 1,000 yards rushing in the Rockets punishing ground attack.  Everett may be the weakest team in the league right now.  Southern Huntingdon 42 Everett 7.

Bellwood at Mt. Union -  Winner (although see Southern Huntingdon above) is in the drivers seat for the league championship.  Bellwood’s solid tradition versus Mount Union’s athletes.  Going with tradition in this one.  Bellwood wins it with a bend but not break defense, fewer turnovers, and strong line play.  Bellwood 27 Mt. Union 20.

Aiks19
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Postby Aiks19 » October 11th, 2017, 11:28 am

ICCFan wrote:The game that most who follow this league have been pointing to is upon us and with it comes some other intriguing games.  Other than the Everett-SH game, there is not a stone cold “lock” on this week’s card.  Expect an upset or two but here are the picks from this vantage point:
 Northern Bedford at Claysburg  –  Very intriguing game that should tell us exactly how good (or not) each of these two teams are.  If NBC is a true District 5 title contender (they are #1 ranked in that district) now is the time to show it.  NBC 28 Claysburg 26

Williamsburg at West Branch –  Williamsburg’s defense can’t seem to stop anyone and if WB doesn’t turn the ball over a bunch and can control the damage that Blue Pirate QB Knorr can inflict if allowed they should win this.  West Branch 35 Williamsburg 13

Tussey Mt. at Glendale– Glendale is playing a little better again and Tussey, while generally competitive, just cannot get a win.  Stick with the trend on this one.  Glendale 28 Tussey Mt. 20.

Juniata Valley at Mo Valley-  JV has been up and down all year but should get a win here.  JV 26 Mo Valley 12

Everett at S.Huntingdon– People are forgetting that if BA defeats Mt. Union, Southern controls it’s on destiny and can still win the league title.  Senior Nic Devlin has already gone over 1,000 yards rushing in the Rockets punishing ground attack.  Everett may be the weakest team in the league right now.  Southern Huntingdon 42 Everett 7.

Bellwood at Mt. Union -  Winner (although see Southern Huntingdon above) is in the drivers seat for the league championship.  Bellwood’s solid tradition versus Mount Union’s athletes.  Going with tradition in this one.  Bellwood wins it with a bend but not break defense, fewer turnovers, and strong line play.  Bellwood 27 Mt. Union 20.

How does Southern control their own fate? Best they could control is a three way tie.

Return to “Football”