Penns Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SportsFan96
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach
Posts: 283
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:07 am
Reputation: 9

Re: Penns Valley

Postby SportsFan96 » October 10th, 2017, 10:57 pm

Ridge is similiar, the only AA teams on their schedule are Everett and Penns Valley. Even the out of state teams would all be bigger classifications if they were PA teams. I think the Musselman team they played would be a 5A or 6A school if they were in PA.



  • Advertisement
User avatar
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 8342
Joined: June 24th, 2011, 10:43 am
Reputation: 373

Re: Penns Valley

Postby Crimson's Ghost » October 10th, 2017, 11:00 pm

lgb87cape wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:
Awdhaemel wrote:Bishop Guilfoyle and Bishop Carroll in the LHAC 


They play each other so that is at least one game on their schedule. BC also plays St. Joe's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say BC has St.Joe's scheduled. Since when can schools schedule 11 regular season games ?? If that's the case PC should get to play CV on 11/3 to see who gets a win.

I think in the past if Northern Cambria and Cambria Heights are both out of the playoffs, they'll play an 11th game. 

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 550
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: Penns Valley

Postby upnorth » October 10th, 2017, 11:07 pm

lgb87cape wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:
Awdhaemel wrote:Bishop Guilfoyle and Bishop Carroll in the LHAC 


They play each other so that is at least one game on their schedule. BC also plays St. Joe's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say BC has St.Joe's scheduled. Since when can schools schedule 11 regular season games ?? If that's the case PC should get to play CV on 11/3 to see who gets a win.

The District VI Committee granted permission for this game provided that neither team qualifies for the playoffs (no issue there).  It's not without precident.  Cambria Heights and Northern Cambria re-kindled the Coal Bowl in 2013 and 2014 as the 11th game for each.

While it will be Bishop Carroll's 11th game, it will only be the 8th game for Saint Joseph's.  BC will soon experience the pain of scheduling as a private school that is not affiliated with a conference (i.e. lots of travel and a reduced schedule, especially if you are attempting to schedule "competitive" games).

User avatar
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 2765
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 1:49 pm
Reputation: 96

Re: Penns Valley

Postby DragonsDoExist » October 10th, 2017, 11:11 pm

upnorth wrote:
lgb87cape wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:
They play each other so that is at least one game on their schedule. BC also plays St. Joe's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say BC has St.Joe's scheduled. Since when can schools schedule 11 regular season games ?? If that's the case PC should get to play CV on 11/3 to see who gets a win.

The District VI Committee granted permission for this game provided that neither team qualifies for the playoffs (no issue there).  It's not without precident.  Cambria Heights and Northern Cambria re-kindled the Coal Bowl in 2013 and 2014 as the 11th game for each.

While it will be Bishop Carroll's 11th game, it will only be the 8th game for Saint Joseph's.  BC will soon experience the pain of scheduling as a private school that is not affiliated with a conference (i.e. lots of travel and a reduced schedule, especially if you are attempting to schedule "competitive" games).


Sounds like the Mountain League teams for the most part will pick up BC since they lose the ability to play Ridge.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!

Lackadoo51
Freshman
Freshman
Posts: 1
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 11:09 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: Penns Valley

Postby Lackadoo51 » October 10th, 2017, 11:17 pm

Would love to see PC play CV

upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 550
Joined: September 18th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Reputation: 24

Re: Penns Valley

Postby upnorth » October 10th, 2017, 11:28 pm

BC games with P-O, PV and possibly BEA would be competitive.  Any other match-up would be a blowout and not benefit either team.

The match-ups would be much more even all around if Ligonier Valley and Bishop Carroll swapped conferences.

Awdhaemel
Sophomore
Sophomore
Posts: 54
Joined: December 11th, 2016, 10:29 pm
Reputation: 3

Re: Penns Valley

Postby Awdhaemel » October 11th, 2017, 4:41 pm

upnorth wrote:BC games with P-O, PV and possibly BEA would be competitive.  Any other match-up would be a blowout and not benefit either team.

The match-ups would be much more even all around if Ligonier Valley and Bishop Carroll swapped conferences.

LHAC won't take LV back, they chose to leave league in past.

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1541
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 152
Contact:

Re: Penns Valley

Postby knowitall » October 11th, 2017, 4:51 pm

St Joe's and BC could play each other ten times next year.

PC 42 CV 7

knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Posts: 1541
Joined: March 23rd, 2005, 5:58 pm
Reputation: 152
Contact:

Re: Penns Valley

Postby knowitall » October 11th, 2017, 4:52 pm

Awdhaemel wrote:
upnorth wrote:BC games with P-O, PV and possibly BEA would be competitive.  Any other match-up would be a blowout and not benefit either team.

The match-ups would be much more even all around if Ligonier Valley and Bishop Carroll swapped conferences.

LHAC won't take LV back, they chose to leave league in past.

The LHAC had no problem booting BC and welcoming CR back.


Return to “Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests